Russ and Sue now based at Birdsville

RussnSue

G'day all,

Sue and I have chucked in our jobs at Cossack and are now at Birdsville for the coming tourist season. We are sorry to report that the Kedron let us down badly on the journey from Chris and Val's place i n the Barossa, to here - a screw fell out of the handle of the grill.

Anyway, if you're coming through Birdsville this year, we are based at the caravan park and working at the Pub. Feel free to look us up,, we would enjoy meeting you.

Cheers

Russnsue

Hi Guys

We might be there for Anzac Day, but that's depending on the roads to Birdsville and then down the Track to Marree. Any first hand knowledge on road conditions would be welcome, leaving Brisbane about 17 April.

Cheers

Peter and Margaret

Hi Peter and Margaret

The Birdsville track is a doddle, despite the best efforts of some morons who tried to wreck it while it was wet. There were a few water crossings but they will be dry by the time you get here and the only rough sections were being graded as we came through. We had no trouble doing Marree to Birdsville in one and a half easy days. Watch out for Phil at the Mungeranie Pub, he will try his best to install a hangover in you.

Cheers

Russ and Sue

I am so glad you made it in good time. You certainly wasted no time getting there!

Disappointing to hear about that screw loose - I know the feeling. :rolleyes:

Chris

Hi Chris

The biggest problem with the screw is that it has disappeared into the bowels of the stove. I sure won't be pulling the whole thing apart to find the little bugger, so I'm going to have to scrounge one from around here - or get one posted in.

Peter,

Will hold you to that hangover when you get here.

Cheers

Russ

G'day all,

Sue and I have chucked in our jobs at Cossack and are now at Birdsville for the coming tourist season. We are sorry to report that the Kedron let us down badly on the journey from Chris and Val's place i n the Barossa, to here - a screw fell out of the handle of the grill.

Anyway, if you're coming through Birdsville this year, we are based at the caravan park and working at the Pub. Feel free to look us up,, we would enjoy meeting you.

Cheers

Russnsue

Hi Russ and Sue

Lionel and Margaret are heading towards Birdsville around the 5th April it will be wonderful to catch up with you and pick your brain about WA. We have never been to or through Birdsville so decided to head that way before heading north. We hope to spend most of our time in WA once we get there with no time restrictions

Cheers Lionel and Margaret

HUT42

G'day Lionel and Margaret

There may just be enough of my brain left for you to pick when you get to Birdsville, but get in quick, I will be working in a pub! We look forward to catching up with you.

Cheers

Russ

Hi Russ & Sue

We too are heading out that way but won't get to Birdsville until sometime in June.

Look forward to meeting you out there.

Pete & Lyn

G'day Russ and Sue,

So you are in Birdsville for the season, I have enjoyed reading your blog and it seems we have very similiar lifestyles. We have left Lilyveil (That sheep and cattle property you were thinking about) after a two year stint having successfully installed new caretakers.

We are doing the backblocks of central west Queensland, Isisford, Yaraka, Wimdorah, Junda, stonehenge and are now in Aramac. Country looks great after 8" of rain a couple of weeks ago. Heading to Clermont via assorted farm tracks tomorrow to chase some gold for a while.

Early July will see us heading to Afria for 5 months.

Enjoy Birdsville, hope to catch you around the traps sometime

Regards

John and Jean

• 2 weeks later...

Hi My name is Julia and I met Sue at birsdville last weekend. We were in the XC3 in the unpowered part of the site and Sue came to introduce herself. We had a wonderful trip, got home last night, and Birdsville was very hospitible. It was lovely to meet you, we are relatively new owners and the van worked very well. the brakes got a good workout courtesy of a cow which we missed by inches! Regards Julia :)

Hi My name is Julia and I met Sue at birsdville last weekend. We were in the XC3 in the unpowered part of the site and Sue came to introduce herself. We had a wonderful trip, got home last night, and Birdsville was very hospitible. It was lovely to meet you, we are relatively new owners and the van worked very well. the brakes got a good workout courtesy of a cow which we missed by inches! Regards Julia :)

Hello Julia

Sue said that she met you. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to do so. Some other time perhaps? We are enjoying Birdsville and the friendly locals and visitors alike. Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves as well.

Cheers

Russ