Rearview camera

jherron

Hi all

I have a cabled rearview camera to fit to the rear of an Kedron ATV poptop (early model)I'am wondering if anyone out there has fitted same and how?

There are many options but I want it to look good without cable dangling every where.

I'am reluctant to start drilling holes in the cladding not knowing what is behind and also if I can route it along through the wall frame.

Any comments, suggestions or perhaps photos will be welcome. I await your replies

Thanks John

Hi John

The easiest way to run your cables will be either through or alongside the chassis rail or one of the floor rails and at the rear of the van a small hole and run it up beside one of the rear wall studs. Us a sturdy fine piece of fencing wire to pull your cable up the wall.

Cheers

Merv

Hi all

I have a cabled rearview camera to fit to the rear of an Kedron ATV poptop (early model)I'am wondering if anyone out there has fitted same and how?

There are many options but I want it to look good without cable dangling every where.

I'am reluctant to start drilling holes in the cladding not knowing what is behind and also if I can route it along through the wall frame.

Any comments, suggestions or perhaps photos will be welcome. I await your replies

Thanks John

Hi Merv,

Thanks for your advise re camera, obviously you have some knowledge as to what is behind the cladding.

I wasn't sure if there would be a passage down past the frame without striking a horozontal bar.

I was thinking of fitting along the chassis rail but didn't want cable down the outside at the rear of the van.

Thanks again Regards John

Hi Chris,

Yes I'am a chicken also that is why I thought I would ask first.

I have had another look and will drill a hole at the bottom as Merv mentioned and if the wire doesn't feed up will try inside the cupboards.It's only a matter of a bit of silicone to reseal the hole.

Thanks John