need new jockey wheel

John and Jo

Bent our jockey wheel some time ago it still is ok but on an angle does not look good so I need a new one.

Mine came with the van. It is the one that folds up under for traveling .

Has anybody tried or replaced theirs with anything different? :unsure: .

Show me your Jockey :lol: wheel Please

John

G'day John

Replaced our jockey wheel with a Trailamate some years ago and have never looked back since. (have looked sideways occasionally) LOL.

Cheers

Rick

We bought ours from Vehicle Components. Very strong and it stays attached to our A frame permanently. No heavy lifting or needing to store it anywhere. Just pull the pin, lift it up and lock the pin back into place. We chose the one with a flat foot rather than a wheel, but I believe you can get either.

/>http://www.vehiclecomponents.com.au/products/liftmaster-hd-jockey-wheels-a-stands

Thanks Rick we had a trailamate jack with our previous Kedron and it was good but would prefer to leave unit on the draw bar or is this what you do?

Hi Sue thank you for this link they look like a good sturdy unit.

What is Kedron using these day could ring them I guess :rolleyes:

John

Hi John & Jo

No, we take ours off and put in the boot when travelling. I threw the jockey wheel away and just use the flat plate and kept the jack up bar for punctures. (so far never needed).I could not see myself pulling a 3.5 tonne van around by the jockey wheel. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rick

Hi John & Jo

We have used a trailamate for 7 years and it lives permanently on the draw bar. We have it mounted on the lowest setting which sits the flat foot level with the bottom of the draw bar. A cable clipped to the ring securing the foot is hooked over the pump handle bracket to stop the foot from lowering during transit.A canvas hood protects the pump housing from the elements.On most occasions the jack can be lowered onto a block without adjusting the position of the jack when disengaging the rig or overnighting on the road. The foot is easily pulled back up when rig is re hitched.To ease the pressure on the jack and prolong valve and oil ring life we use a small aluminium jack stand.The original jockey wheel lives in the boot as an emergency should the Traiamate fail but so far not been used.

Greetings all

Like Sue we have the VC Liftmaster slide jack PN 51S 100SLIDE.

This unit is magic, easy to use and almost unbreakable.

I have modified ours by taking the handle assembly off and welding a drive that was removed from an old van corner stabilizer to the top. this way I drive the jack both up and down with my battery drill. Works a treat and life is easy :rolleyes:

If you do this be careful when the jack reaches the end of its travel the torque of the drill can can twist it violently if you are moving it too fast.