Christmas gathering Standown Park

Rod and Mavis

Greetings all.

DISCLAIMER:

THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS AS DESCRIBED, ARE NOT INDICATIVE OF THE NORMALLY SOBER AND SENSIBLE KEDRON CLUB MEMBERS WHO CAN NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF A FEW :-)

Please excuse some of the pics as they were taken by a phone.

Welcome to the three new couple members that were coerced into joining this weekend I hope the scars incurred this weekend heal rapidly.

Most thank you's and Gathering reports generally are published on the Gatherings site in this forum. This only allows members to view the results of our trips away. I thought posting here on the public forum might show non members what we (some of us) get up to on our Gathering trips away.

We had a Christmas Gathering this weekend just gone (Dec 29th 30th and 1st) at Standown Park (see http://standown.com.au/ ) at Goomboorian halfway between Gympie and Tin Can Bay.

26 yes 26 vans were in attendance for one of the most hilarious and well attended get together's held for a long time.

A huge thank you to Clive and Sandra for organising this gathering and also for the great pole dance display done by Sandra egged on by Clive.

post-36-0-17245800-1385980916_thumb.jpg post-36-0-17675100-1385980995_thumb.jpg

What can I say, it was just one of the hilarious moments that we experienced during the weekend. Sorry Sandra I meant to say sensual and exciting moments :wub:blush .

A lot of people arrived on the 28th some were already there and others came later but I guarantee that all had a ball. No one would have left without sore laughing muscles.

post-36-0-41122600-1385982152_thumb.jpg

Organised activities included secret Santa prezzie exchange (or war grin) hosted by the lovely Shirley great value laughs followed by a Chrissie dinner on Saturday evening that was cooked and served by Rod and Pam the owners of Standown plus some helpers ( no mean feat when providing for 52 famished Kedroners following a great fivesies)

The fare included roast beef and pork roast veg and trimmings plus a great Christmas pud cooked by Pam with cream fresh fruit and custard, yummo. Oh did I mention the crackling yum again.

Everyone provided their own liquid refreshments that were checked for freshness earlier in the afternoon at fivesies. Most of the liquids were ok but some might have been off a little as some of us did display some after effects following consumption of same :-)

post-36-0-85358500-1385981611_thumb.jpgpost-36-0-38317500-1385981698_thumb.jpg

The entertainment was organised by owner Rod, Standown owner (not me honest).

A mate (Les) that had a guitar, amplifier and most unfortunately for us a microphone. Boy the guitar playing was good but the singing needed a little bit of tuning or several decades of lessons, but none the less Les provided endless amusement for all.

A fantastic night!post-36-0-71834200-1385981320_thumb.jpg

Sunday at about midday we headed for the Silky Oak Tea Gardens about a kilometre down the road towards Gympie.

( see http://www.weekendnotes.com/silky-oak-tea-gardens-kia-ora/ ) the food was superb and the country singer almost out did Les the singer from the night before at the Xmas dinner.

post-36-0-58427500-1385981410_thumb.jpgpost-36-0-84813200-1385981434_thumb.jpg

At fivesies, after the pub lunch (and for some of us older participants a Nana nap), someone suggested that we recount to all how we met our spouses. What can I say, some renditions of first meetings and first love were to say the least hilarious and everyone there ached from the laughter. Host Rod especially amused all with some great stories backed up by his lovely lady Pam, that guy must write a book or at least record his stories some how!

Hope you all enjoy this little scribe and the accompanying few pictures. Here is hoping that some others will share their pics.

Cheers to all from the Kyd's.

Thanks Rod. That obviously was a fun gathering. We wish we could have attended. Thanks for the photos as well. I can recognize a few faces . It's a great fraternity.

Regards to all

Colin & gayleen

Thanks Rod. That obviously was a fun gathering. We wish we could have attended. Thanks for the photos as well. I can recognize a few faces . It's a great fraternity.

Regards to all

Colin & gayleen

Hi to All,

We and I mean Carol and myself are still here at Standown Park having a lovely time with Rod and Pam. We enjoyed the Kedron Gathering and love the atmosphere that you all generated a great meeting. Unfortunately another Caravan Club has arrived with a completely opposite attitude to life. Even the others that are regulars here at Standown have made comment of the difference between the two groups. This Caravan Club which will remain nameless is decidedly unfriendly to everybody outside their club. But on a brighter note the regulars including Rod and Pam have commented on the friendly attitude of the KOGGERs and that they all enjoyed your Friendly and pleasant out look . Again as first timers at a gathering both Carol and I had a very enjoyable time with you all, thanks for having us.

Carol and Ian

• 2 weeks later...