Vitrifrigo Fridge

Ian and Jill Brown

Hi Everyone,

I am getting condensation around the fridge/freezer doors and hence having a problem with

the cycling of the fridge - off about a minute and on for about 20 minutes.

Just installed a new thermostat with little success (there are no more in WA at the moment,

so not sure if I have a dud one!).

A question for those that have removed their fridge for servicing etc., when re-installating, did you

seal between the metal flat bar face frame (that the doors fix to) and the fridge carcass?

Initially there was a foam seal there.

I am trying to eliminate the possibility of poor sealing causing our problem.

Any comments/advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian

G'day Ian

I still have nightmares about our Vitrifigo breaking down in WA about 4yrs ago. If you can find someone over there that knows a little bit about them ,good luck. Can you adjust the cycling time on your fridge? It made a lot of difference when we finally got it fixed. We had the electronic box replaced, and the bloke adjusted the cycling time for us and it has been great since. Moisture on the outside is quite common especially when it is humid. Sorry can`t remember the name of the bloke who finally fixed it.

Cheers

Rick

Hi Ian & Jill

Worth a check on the voltage at the fridge.

We had similar years ago and found that we had a 2.5 volt loss through the Mobitronic (not sure if they are still fitted but low voltage at the fridge for any reason causes extended run times) unit thus the fridge was only turning off for short periods and running for extended periods.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had our fridge out to insulate the cavity around it. There was no seal around the securing frame. I suspect that its only purpose would have been as a dust seal, if we were to have one. Defrosting the Vitfrigo is the key to efficiency, along with insulating the cavity as we did. Before insulating the cavity we had to have the thermostat on the coolest setting and the motor running almost constantly to achieve safe food temperatures. Now we have the thermostat on its lowest setting and have a 30% duty cycle on average.

Another trick is to drill a heap of half inch holes in the tray thing that is immediately under the freezer. This lets more cold air get down into the fridge compartment. Do this in stages or you will end up with stuff on the top shelf of the fridge freezing. In other words, start with, say, 10 holes and check the temp of the goodies on the top shelf. Do another 10 holes and check again...etc. Don't forget to spread the holes around.

Cheers

Russ

• 6 years later...