Silverado parking sensors

32KEV

Hi, I have had a Metalink canopy fitted to my 2012 Chevrolet Silverado, and have found that the parking sensors blocked error lights up.

Performax at Gympie checked this out for me and suggested I take it back to metalink, and at the moment I am receiving no help.

Has any of you Silverado owners had a similar problem and if so how did you have it corrected.

32 Kev

G'day Kev,

I am not familiar with the metalink canopy but the reversing sensors on my 2011 Chevy block when my weight distribution hitch is installed, are you sure that it is the canopy that is interfering?

It's a pity that Performax appear to have a dose of the grumps at the moment. I had a bad response from them when I phoned last week and have also heard several other grumbles lately: Up till now they have been responsive whenever I make contact with them.

Regards,

JK.

Hi JK,

Thanks for your reply, yes my tow ball mount would also upset the sensors, but where the sensors are fitted on the lower part of the canopy, the floor section 150mm above extends out about 40mm further than the sensors, I did not think this would affect them but Performax told me it does, and like I said metalink is not being very helpful.

I think that you will find it will be your tow bar if you have it in the up position if using a 90mm riser or wdh. It has done it with mine from day one. Take it off and see if the sensors are still playing up.

You might find that you can simply give them a part turn if you can get access to them and change the angle depending on which of their canopies you have, otherwise disconnect them..

Cheers

Merv

Hello 32 Kev,

I agree with Merv and Di regarding the tow hitch as it does block the sensors on my GMC also but does not affect the reversing camera. I have a normal style canopy and it has no affect on the sensors at all.

However if you say it does protrude 150mm, maybe it might upset them as it doesn't take much to set them off.

Cheers

Steve