Broken Seitz Window

Pete and Tracey

HI guys and Gals,

We are headding over to broome at the moment and camped around Halls Creek. Last night I decided to lubricate the front stone cover zip with a teflon spray and noticed that the front window was smashed in the bottom right corner with cracks radiating up and to the side. We dont use this window so who knows when it happened.

Has anyone experienced this before? What did you do to prevent the same thing happening?? I was thinking high density foam behind the stone cover.

Can you buy the replacement glass or do you have to purchase the whole assembly??

And info much appreciated.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

You can purchase just the glass ( plastic) .

If it is not letting the wet or dust in I would leave it till you get to a larger town /city.

To remove old window , open to max and grab hold of strut near window latch and pull down while holding window, the strut will pop off.

Repeat for other strut and then open window as far as you can and it will drop out of the hinge ( where it is attached to frame).

I hope this helps.

Nev

Hi Pete,

What a bummers, not a good start to the holiday.

A stone hitting any object at the 'right angle' & speed can cause damage..... regardless of high density foam.

I suggest you tape the crack/hole up with gaffa tape or similar & when you get back to civilisation order a new 'window BLADE' I believe that is the correct name for the 'window GLASS'

PS...... Don't let it destroy your holiday......

Thanks for the replys guys,

We have done a little bit more research and have indeed found out you can buy the blade only, better than buying the whole assy @ $550. The blaxe is A$127 I think. Tom has helped us out and ordered one for us.

We are on the road full time so these things happen I guess. All taped up and zip done up Tony H so out of sight out of mind!! :-)

Thanks for the instructions nev&penny they will come in handy when getting the new one.

Agin, thankyou.

Pete and Tracey

Hi Pete and Tracey,

sorry to hear about your on-road drama, it is a scenario that has had my concern for some time. Thanks to all the help forthcoming it makes the repair job a little easier perhaps - I don't reckon I could get the front zip open it's always been very tight.

Regards & good travels,

JK.

Hi Pete & Tracey,

Once you get to Broome, get the van sorted out and start your site seeing, drop in at the Beagle Bay store and say hi ........................ If you travel up this way that is. We manage the store there

Cheers