Next Trip

Chris

Hi everyone.

We head off on our annual trip north out of the southern cold, first thing tomorrow. The van is almost packed full of food, clothes and the stuff you take on such trips.

Initially we plan to follow the Murray River, bush camping along the way until Echuca, then head North by an inland route. As yet we don't know that path....

The plan is to be in Brisbane about the last week of May.

As the night here is chilly tonight ( about five degrees) I am glad we have the diesel heater.

If you see us on the road say hello!

Chris

Hi Chris - Good to read that you were able to hit the road for Brisbane. We hope you aren't getting to wet along the river, we have seen a far bit of rain now and the novelty is starting to wear off for us. :-) We don't mind thought as long as the folks that need rain are receiving it. We are starting to notice that the ground were we are isn't like back home and when it rains it turns to this black stuff, I think you call it MUD! :-)

Do have a fantastic trip and please post some of your wonderful photos so that we can all share your adventures.

Safe travels

Sue & Ian

Hi Chris

Have a great trip heading north and enjoy all the places along the way.

Travel safe

Peter and Margaret

Hi Chris

We are still in Brisbane, but have been over at Redcliffe (Scarborough CP) for a week of looking after the grandkids; the things we do!!!!

Heading north towards Townsville and maybe the Cape towards the end of May.

Pete

Great thanks Peter, I hope your trip North is smooth running. We are now at Nyah in Victoria, heading toward Echuca tomorrow. It has been cold at night but today at least has been sunny. So the solar panels have been ticking over nicely. Are you doing a trip report? I love uour reports....

Chris

Hi Chris

Last time we were at Nyah in Feb 2013 it was 42 degrees. Great campground behind the trotting track but after 2 nights we headed for somewhere cooler. We found the council caravan park at Murrayville fantastic - right in town, walk to the shops and pub, and in the heatwave while we were there, adjoining the council swimming pool. The park is excellent with almost new facilities and an honour payment system for just a few bucks per night for level, grassy and powered sites with water.

Hope you find some nice warm weather soon.

Safe travels

Andrew