Comfortable Chairs in an ATV2

brucew

Hi to all,

I thought I would share a conversation that I have recently performed on our Kedron. We got sick of being unconfortable with our Cafe style seating.

First I removed the cafe style dinett from the van, which meant that there was damaged internal paneling. I removed this and took the van to Kedron who replaced the panneling and built a new wheel arch cover. Great job by Ashley and the crew.

I purchased two Nordic 21 chairs which in my opinion were a little low for the van. I raised these by 45 mm as by installing a block of wood as showmen in one of the photos. The chairs were positioned so that we could rotate them fully and allow a reasonable amount of recline. They were then screwed to the floor.

This has been the best mod that we have ever done to the van as we can now sit in comfort.

At present we are using two stable tables to eat of but are investigating a table setup. This is not a priority at this stage. I will post an update once we install one of the options that we are investigating.

Hope this is useful to other Kedron Owner.

Regards Bruce

post-662-0-93381400-1427070645_thumb.jpg

post-662-0-41421400-1427070704_thumb.jpg

post-662-0-52564300-1427070732_thumb.jpg

post-662-0-12292400-1427070766_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hello Bruce,

Love the change you have made. We have a very uncomfortable L shape seating arrangement at present. To give us more room we have removed the table and use stable tables. Could you please give a measurement from the partition to the door to see if we could possibly make this modification to our Cross Country. Many thanks.

Clive and Sandra

Hi Clive and Sandra,

The distance between the partition and the door is 185cm. If there is any other info I can help with please do not hesitate to contact me.

I have added a phew more pictures.

Regards,

Bruce

post-662-0-09985900-1427277612_thumb.jpg

post-662-0-11584200-1427277657_thumb.jpg

post-662-0-63442100-1427277685_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you Bruce, have measured our van but unfortunately there is only 165cm to play with.

We are travelling at present and I keep looking at the situation while we are living in the van.

I really like your modification but will work something out.

Clive

Hi Clive and Sandra,

The distance between the partition and the door is 185cm. If there is any other info I can help with please do not hesitate to contact me.

I have added a phew more pictures.

Regards,

Bruce

Bruce, where is your wall insulation?

• 1 year later...

At long last we now have comfortable lounge chairs in our van. We have talked about it for quite awhile, see previous posts. Hope there won't be the complaints about how "uncomfortable this lounge is".IMG_1288.JPG

• Like 4