TPMS

Danny and Sue

Hi Danny,

Yes, one of the little darlings, we all support, who regularly who attend the Centrelink office you parked in front of.

Google is usually your friend.....I had a look but alas all I could find were sites in the UK & the States.

Try this 'local site' http://www.tyredog.com.au/store/I know nothing about them.....but you never know their product maybe compatible OR they maybe able to give you a lead... good luck with your endeavors!

• 9 months later...

Hi Danny. Could you update me on your experiences with the HawksHead unit you're using? Specifically:
1. Did you ever find a local distributor or are you still buying from their USA site?

2. What model did you buy? Was it the Talon 22 (which seems to be the smaller configuration for RVs)?

3. How difficult was it to set them up on your rig, and to maintain them (e.g. when you change or rotate wheels)?

4. After using them for a few years, have you found them effective and reliable? Would you recommend them based on your experience?

Thanks for your advice.

Regards, Andrew

Hello Andrew..

hawksheads are still going well..i have not found an aussie distributor but have no probs getting them from usa..

setting up for the first time was a bit fiddly but a lot easier now ..i really never have to change the settings.

one of issues i have had is that the plastic caps tend to crack after a couple of years.. i had 8 sent out a while ago & also got a couple of spare sensors at the same time. they are still working very well & have saved a few tires both on the ute & van.

the model i have is HD.

when i rotate the tyres i just take the sensor off & put it on the ground then back on the right tyre  so sensor is in the same spot..

one small trick is....I run 40 psi in the front,60 in the back & 40 in the van cold pressure..if you set your pressure to the same you will get lights flashing telling you that your tyres are over pressure.i always set mine about  3 psi over cold tyre pressure & have no problem.

yes i would recommend them & find them very reliable..

regards Danny [just arrived in Tamworth]

17 hours ago, Danny and Sue said:

Hello Andrew..

hawksheads are still going well..i have not found an aussie distributor but have no probs getting them from usa..

setting up for the first time was a bit fiddly but a lot easier now ..i really never have to change the settings.

one of issues i have had is that the plastic caps tend to crack after a couple of years.. i had 8 sent out a while ago & also got a couple of spare sensors at the same time. they are still working very well & have saved a few tires both on the ute & van.

the model i have is HD.

when i rotate the tyres i just take the sensor off & put it on the ground then back on the right tyre  so sensor is in the same spot..

one small trick is....I run 40 psi in the front,60 in the back & 40 in the van cold pressure..if you set your pressure to the same you will get lights flashing telling you that your tyres are over pressure.i always set mine about  3 psi over cold tyre pressure & have no problem.

yes i would recommend them & find them very reliable..

regards Danny [just arrived in Tamworth]

Thanks Danny, that's great info. Safe travels, Andrew