Radio external speakers

Sandra

Help, we are in a very busy caravan park for Easter (rare for us to be in a caravan park). Yesterday we turned on the radio (also a rare thing for us to do) we were happy listening to the radio inside the van unaware that our neighbours were also listening to the radio from the external speakers. Is there an easy way to isolate the external speakers? Would be grateful for any advice.

Clive and Sandra

Hi Clive and Sandra yes we had the same problem with our previous Kedron and found it tricky to work out .

Have you got a manual for your set up.?

We had one and I must say it was still hard to do and I found myself checking all the time cause it was so easy to leave them on .

We have portable speakers now and they work just fine as long as I remember to disconnect them.

If you haven't a manual perhaps someone can send you a copy to help you out

John

Hi guy's.

Try the fader selection in the radio menu. Fade it fully in one direction and see which of the speakers are working (inside or outside)

Cheers

• Like 2

Hi Sandra

The fader button on ours controls the in/out speakers.

Cheers

Rick

• Like 1

I As with your car when you "fade" the speakers from front to back, it's the same with your van. Look for the "Fade" and adjust the + or - until you can only hear the inside speakers working.

Remember to do this each time you turn the radio on as I believe it resets itself to all speakers again when turned off.

• Like 1

Sandra,

Here is a detailed recipe on how you change the radio from internal to external speakers. Switch the radio on, push the left hand large silver button and Fla (Flat) will appear, push it again and Bas (Bass) will appear, continue through Mid, Tre, Blr to Fd F which is the fader control. Now, in Fader mode, turn the same knob and the small number to the left hand side will change. Depending on the wiring to your speakers 0 will be full volume outside and 15 full volume inside (or the other way around)

The controls are the same as the majority of car radios, perhaps you have not come across it.

Regards,

Grahame

• Like 2

Thank you to all that helped us in our hour of need. That is what I like about this forum, even on public holidays help is available.

We are now doing what we like best "freedom camping" sitting on the banks of the Mighty Murray looking across to NSW and freezing our buts off. Wish the sun would shine.

Once again thank you

Sandra

• Like 1