En Suite

morribm

We have a corner en suite with a drop down hand basin. The basin is ordinary as several others have commented in other posts but it is convenient. We have a ruptured drain pipe AGAIN! This is the second time this has happened and Tom at Kedron replaced/repaired the first and commented that it is a bugger of a job. I think he may have fractured the basin on removal but fortunately had a spare.

Clearly recurrent raising and lowering of the basin is too much for the seemingly poorly designed joint arrangement between the basin outlet and the discharge pipe as there is no ability for the pipe to rotate without twisting.

I wonder if anybody out there has any clever ideas about repairing this fault - something that doesn't entail the use of a 4lb lump hammer!

Also, as fate would have it, guess who is heading out west tomorrow, across the top and down the other side for the next 5 or so months. The hand basin will be in the upright position for the journey...

Cheers

Brian

Hi Brian,

A few photos would be great.... for those including me, who don't your setup.... so we could offer some suggestions

Cheers

Thanks Tony,

The ruptured pipe is really in an inaccessible place between the basin and the cowling surrounding it. One can just see the damage by squinting with one eye and protruding the tongue from the left side of the mouth. A photo would be nigh impossible to obtain but even more difficult to interpret.

I'm afraid the is a question for those owners who have the same setup as I do and who have have the same problem. Those who have experienced the same issue would be very familiar with the saga.

Cheers

Brian