RIP Grant Armstrong AKA Barney

Webmaster

It is with great sadness that I wish to inform the members of KOG of the death of a good bloke & fellow member, Grant Armstrong.

Grant passed away yesterday (5/09) in John Hunter Hospital (Newcastle) as a result of a surfing incident/accident.

Whenever Grant was at home, not travelling the country, he would endeavour to attend Old Bar Beach almost daily to maintain his fitness, this is where the incident/accident occurred.

Approximately 15 years ago suffered a stroke that left him with some disability in balance & strength, but he did not let that deter him, as he kept up a busy & successful life.

Personally, Annie & I have only had the pleasure of knowing Grant & his wife Jane for about two years when we met them on a KOG trip. Grants friendship, zest for life & always telling a joke are things that we are certainly going to miss.

To Jane, Sally & David on behalf of the Kedron Owners Group, I would like to pass on our most sincere condolences at this very sad time for you.

Rest in peace my friend,

Tony Heat

President KOG

PS at the time of writing this funeral/memorial service details have not been finalised.

• Like 4

That is very sad news indeed Tony. We travelled with Grant and his wife Jane across the Great Central Road 2 years ago, and also met up with them again at King Ash Bay only a month ago. Grant certainly had a zest for life and both Ann and I remember him as a quiet yet cheeky fellow, but always friendly and smiling.

My thoughts are with Jane and family at this very sad time. He will be missed by us all.

• Like 4

Yes, very sad news indeed. Margaret and I were in the same convoy of Kedrons in 2013 when we tackled the Great Central Road from Yulara to Leonora. Grant had a good sense of humor and a common sense approach to things. He will be missed.

Our deepest sympathy to Jane and all their family.

Peter and Margaret.

• Like 3

We met Grant and Jane at King Ash Bay this year and now so sad to hear Grant's passing. We have such fond memories of Grant telling us of his caravan modifications.

Jane please accept our deepest condolences.

Thinking of you

Rob and Jewel

Grant's Memorial Service on Wednesday last was a service that he would have enjoyed. Together with ten other Koggers, Gayleen and I attended the service in Taree. Jane was strong and composed and I feel was delighted to see her Kedron mates there. The Memorial service had a large attendance reflecting the regards that Grant enjoyed in the Taree community. It was a happy service, a celebration of a good life. Family and friends painted a great picture of Grant and his life. The music chosen was typically Grant: Fun, Fun, Fun by the Beach Boys, On Top of the World by the Carpenters and finally Always Look On The Bright Side of Life by Monty Python. Grant will be sadly missed. RIP Grant.

• Like 4