Hi all,

Have only just joined so just a little bit about us.

Trevor and Hazel, my user name is Goldenman.

We have just purchased a S/H 18ft Top Ender 2006 model about 1 month ago and have just returned from a quick 2 week trip prospecting to test out the capabilities of the van, as you may have guessed our hobbies are Prospecting , Photography and Fishing.

Have been retired for about 4 years and spend much more time prospecting hence the requirement of a van better suited in pursuit of our hobbies, as our previous van was far stretched above it's capabilities in our endeavours.

All that being said I guess it's now time to check out the rest of the forum for tips and ideas from more experienced Kedron users.

Cheers,

Trevor.

• Like 3

Trevor & Hazel,

Welcome to KOG.

Prospecting, photography & fishing you list as you hobbies, I'm very confident you will find many members of KOG who have the same interests as you.

As you have mentioned or alluded to there is a lot of reading to be done on this site, when you get a chance have a read there is lots of very relevant info for Kedron owners and the general outdoors.

You will find this a friendly easy going forum, your questions & contributions will be welcomed.

Are you on the road full time .....or where abouts do you hail from...where's your 'home paddock'?

I hope to meet you one day on the road somewhere or at a Kedron gathering!

Travel safe, & again ... welcome

• Like 3

Thanks for the welcome Tony,

Our home paddock is Singleton Western Australia and no we are not full time travellers as the good wife (BOSS) misses the grandkids too much to be away from them for too long. I try to keep it to 3 or 4 months but would like to keep at it longer if I can convince the Boss. LOL.

We intended to be away longer on the last trip but unfortunately the Vitifrigo packed it in on the day we arrived at our prospecting location. Fortunately for us a friend who was with us who has a XC kept most of our tucker in his fridge. Steve was only going to be out for 1 to 2 weeks so when he had had enough we returned back home to have the fridge repaired. A bit of bad luck really as the previous owner had only had this repaired in April 2014 at a cost of $800.00. I have the receipt to attest to this.

Anyways thanks for the welcome and we may at some point in time bump into each other on the track.

Cheers,

Trevor.

• Like 3