Double Glazed Windows

32KEV

Has anyone removed the tinted Perspex window from the frame in their van.

A whirly wind hit mine when opened and pulled the top aluminium sections apart on one end and now difficult to close.

There are four fixings holding the top aluminium strip to the window frame they are a bronze colour and don't look like screws or pop rivets, thought I would ask for advise before I do the wrong thing.

Kevin

G`Day Kevin. If you unscrew the telescopic arms from the window itself,the window can then be slid out. May need some "gentle" persuasion.

Rick

G'day Merv,

We have been on the road for the last 9 months and have ended up with most windows scratched. What is the "purple polish" you mention. We have been told to try Jiff.

Brian

Hi Brian

It is basically an old (from the 50's) American car polish that really works. You can get it at Autobahn and I think Supercheap at around $20.00. Use sparingly and gently but it does remove scratches from the windows. It is in a light purple bottle and brand name PURPLE POLISH. Be careful if you use Jiff as it has little grains in it that can do more damage than good.

Cheers

Merv

• Like 1

Hi Brian,

Check out these links, great stuff on the 'windows' also the best product out for polishing the chequerplate, but you have to use 'step one' first for BEST results on the metal finish.

Its great also for cleaning the floor of the shower, brings it up like new! (with a bit of elbow grease) :D:D

Any shiney metal surface appearance is improved/enhanced with this product, I also use it on the stainless metal on the stove top!

https://www.autobarn.com.au/california-custom-original-purple-metal-polish-355ml

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/171897693592?limghlpsr=true&hlpht=true&ul_noapp=true&hlpv=2&chn=ps&lpid=107&ops=true&viphx=1

Hi to all

I can recommend purple, as an ex tanker driver all the drivers used purple on our alloy wheels and fuel tanks

and they came up like mirrors and made the truck look smik. If you polished them on a regular basis it was an easy

job to do, even had one bloke that would lie on his back and polish underneath his tanks and when asked why he

would say that if he ever ran over anybody they would see themselves as he went over them.

kakadu

• Like 1

Hi again, have been out of internet service for a while and have just read your replies, thank you for your speedy response, have not had a chance to remove the window as yet but will try in the next few days, also the blue polish sounds the go will try it to.

Cheers

32Kev

• 2 months later...

We have just returned from 10 months on the road and now have the job of cleaning up the van and doing a few repairs. Thanks to everyone for their comments I will head down to Supercheap/Autobarn in the next couple of days

Brian