Help with window roll-up blinds

Hermit

Hi all, some of the roll-up blinds in the TE are starting to slow down and not roll up or down the whole way.

Any ideas how to fix/maintain these windows/blinds?

Regards

Rob

Hi Rob

The only way that I know of since the same happened to us is to take out the inside surround so you can get to the rollers and then retention them up the same as you would for a normal blind.  Not a nice job and a pain in the a... to do.

Cheers

Merv 

We have this happen from time to time and have discovered a quick spray of silicone in each corner frees them up nicely. Until the next dusty road of course. The cans with the long nozzle are perfect for getting in the corners where the rollers are.   It's a maintenance job we now do every so often to avoid the problem even starting. 

• Like 2

Pretty much agree with Merv......

Carefully remove plugs/caps from window surround with a fine blade screwdriver or similar.

Remove screws, the inner frame will come away with the blind assembly (as it is attached to it), clean out any foreign debris out of the guides & a squirt of silicon spray on the ends of the rollers as Sue has suggested..... once you have done this & can see/understand how it works you may be able to get away with a simple 'spray' as Sue suggests.   

• Like 2

Hi all, many thanks for the info, I will give the silicone a try first and see how it goes from there.

Thanks again

Rob

Rob,

I am interested to learn how you go. After the last 9 months on the road with many rough and dusty tracks a few of our "brown" blinds are the same and I was contemplating new screen wire but a silicon fix has more appeal.

Brian

Hi Beejay, I have used the Silicone spray and it has made a big improvement to the roll-up blinds.

I think eventually the insect mesh will need to be replaced, they are stating to discolour, but for now I am happy with the spray.

Cheers

Rob