Views on Dunlop GrandTrek AT3G Tyres

Chris

Does anyone have experience on these tyres?  We need new tyres for the LC200 series and exploring options.  So it would be great to hear if anyone here has either good or bad experiences with them

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

You don't state if your after 17" or 18"..... either way have a look at Toyo AT 2's (Open Country). I have been using these now for many years and had very good service from them........on my last three 200's

Grandtrecks.......just the name of them sends a shiver down my spine.

• Like 2

Thanks Tony.  It is for the 200 series so 17".  He decided to go with the AT3Gs.  After the next trip we will give a report back.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Bought the Dunlop AT3 G for our trip this year. Have done about 20000kms with the AT3G now, mainly towing with about 4000kms on dirt roads and tracks with lowered pressure in the tyres. Have found the tyres have performed well, softer ride than my previous Duellers, no punctures on the whole trip, lots of the tracks were stoney gravel. The tyres have worn well, tread still 7-8 mm.

Have been very happy with them.

Have arranged to have Toyo AT 2 fitted to LC200 after trading OEM tyres next month. They come highly recommended I have usually had BFG which are good, but have been told the AT 2 really suit the LC200. They are used by SA Gov for their fleet LC200, which is a good test for any tyre. Toyo AT2 are also cheaper than the BFG.

• Like 1

This article may be of interest it is a couple of years old, but still makes sense. I am sure it will get some people excited, but I think it is very interesting and makes some good points about tyres for LC200s. However, it is still just someones opinion and just about everyone has an opinion on tyres.

So please treat this as information that may be of interest, it is not having a go at your tyre choice. Just about whatever tyre you choose in Australia will still go around on your wheel and work, some better than others for particular tasks.

http://adventure4wd.com.au/4wd-tips/tyre-dramas-200-series-landcruiser/

Have a good read

Regards

Terry

• Like 2