Anne Beadell Highway

Taka

Hi Koggers,

I am tossing around the idea of taking the van down the Anne Beadell Highway. Has anyone completed this journey previously ? I am looking for information on the general road conditions, camps sites and fuel supplies. We have a XC3 19'6", sooped up 79 series and around 1500km fuel range. Any information would be great.

Regards Taka

Have not travelled it personally but from people I have spoken to who have travelled the Anne Beadell Highway they do not recommend towing caravans. Other  Kogs  may have a different opinion.

• 1 year later...

Did the AB 2 months ago with camper. Wouldn't dream of taking the top Ender purely due to the narrow sections of track. Your van will really cop a hiding along sides, awnings etc. really rough road in patches ( other parts fine) but too narrow in parts ( mainly creek country) for van. Just my 2 bobs worth.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi Taka,

I have travelled from Kalgoorlie along the old rail line and then up the Connie Sue Hwy to Neale Junction and then along the Anne Beadell Highway into the Victorian Desert into the Tjuntjuntjura Community a number of times for work and it was always in a reasonable condition .....except for rain of coarse.

But as you would know, conditions change from day to day. That's why I gave up asking people and just did it and deal with the issues if they happen.