Kym & Kathryn - New to forum

Hi All,

Just purchased 19' XC in August and had a few weeks running it in through Queensland up to Rockhampton. Tow vehicle is 2014 Landcruiser 200, which has performed well, albeit a bit thirsty at times. Now back in Mildura and planning our next adventure.

Kym & Kathryn

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Welcome to you both.

I have just picked up the reins of secretary \ treasurer; if I can help in anyway please feel free to email me at kedronownersgroup@gmail.com 

I look forward to meeting up with you

Cheers

Mike Carter

• Like 1

Thanks to you all for your Warm Welcome. As we have really only had one trip after collecting the van and that was into QLD and back to Mildura via Kedron, we have not experienced enough to have too many questions. However, we would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced any (what I would term cosmetic) issues with their van after they first collected it from the factory. We experienced quite a few, for example....from the fridge failing and fuses blowing to unfinished timber edges (not varnished) and cupboards not closing properly. Small things in reality, however we considered that given what we paid and the apparent reputation of Kedron for quality, attention to detail was lacking in many areas. We have raised these issues with Kedron and most were fixed during the first service, others I had to fix myself, although the end result was not as good as if it were done ( as it should have been) in the factory, in my opinion. Anyway, we were advised by other caravan owners that all caravans have issues and "teething problems" apparently...we just felt a bit aggrieved and being so far from Brisbane, we could not just take it back for repair!

I guess these are some of the joys of caravanning and no doubt we are not alone in experiencing quality control issues?

Anyway, we would be interested in anyone's experiences or opinions on this issue, as our journey continues.......

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.   Find yourself a quality repairer in or around Mildura and any teething problems with your van contact Robyn at Kedron Service and you will probably find that they will come to the party for repair costs.  This is what we have done in Melbourne.  They are a great Company to deal with and are second to none when it comes to after market service as you will find out.  

Cheers

Merv

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and Kedron family!

I agree with Merv and Di's post above.  Any teething problems can be ironed out by a quick phone call to the factory.  They are responsive and helpful in the extreme.  Be aware they shut down over Christmas though - like all caravan builders- so don't delay if you have an issue.

when you think about how complex a beast a van is it is amazing there are not more minor issues, really.  I am not excusing errors, just saying that an item which is not tested out of the factory u til you drive it out can understandably have something small go wrong.

Major issues are not excusable, of course.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We agree - the attention to detail and lack of quality control was a disappointment for us too, considering the reputation and price. Communication has been difficult..

Yes most vans have 'teething' issues but we have been shocked when chatting with other Kedron owners in the month following our pick-up at the amount of issues encountered, and severity of some. Maybe we were just unlucky to have come across these people, but their honesty was commendable. All, but one, still really liked their Kedron van but there is disappointment out there. We had not heard any of this before. Some of our issues were fixed, not all to satisfaction - we don't think we are overly fussy, just customers that expect quality workmanship when it is paid for.  February 2017 will be our 3rd trip back in 3 months to Kedron from NSW for repairs. I have tackled some repairs myself - like gluing the ensuite basin down.  Other issues - a leaking water tank (twice! the second time because the water level indicator had been installed sideways), the cupboard doors on one side of the van have been put on upside down, a sagging step, and initial problems with the anti-sway bar placement. Our 'final' plan was altered after us signing-off resulting in a change we have to live with now. We are hoping the next visit will fix all the remaining issues and we can get on with fully enjoying our Kedron - which we do love.

• Like 1

Once again welcome to the forum and the Kedron Family!!

Sorry to hear that you are having so many problems with your new van.  I hope that these will all be resolved for you in due course.  The team at Kedron have always been very helpful and they have always fixed any issues we have had. 

Please continue to participate on the forum.  Hope we see you at a gathering soon.

Cathy & Greg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 03/12/2016 at 6:09 PM, Ecoranger said:

Thanks to you all for your Warm Welcome. As we have really only had one trip after collecting the van and that was into QLD and back to Mildura via Kedron, we have not experienced enough to have too many questions. However, we would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced any (what I would term cosmetic) issues with their van after they first collected it from the factory. We experienced quite a few, for example....from the fridge failing and fuses blowing to unfinished timber edges (not varnished) and cupboards not closing properly. Small things in reality, however we considered that given what we paid and the apparent reputation of Kedron for quality, attention to detail was lacking in many areas. We have raised these issues with Kedron and most were fixed during the first service, others I had to fix myself, although the end result was not as good as if it were done ( as it should have been) in the factory, in my opinion. Anyway, we were advised by other caravan owners that all caravans have issues and "teething problems" apparently...we just felt a bit aggrieved and being so far from Brisbane, we could not just take it back for repair!

I guess these are some of the joys of caravanning and no doubt we are not alone in experiencing quality control issues?

Anyway, we would be interested in anyone's experiences or opinions on this issue, as our journey continues.......

I have refrained from being negative towards Kedron but at this stage I have to agree with the quotes above.

In November last year we collected our Compact from Brendale and we have had continual problems since.

Pump broken down ,it has been replaced,Fridge replaced,Lamanite peeling off cupboard surrounds,has now all been reglued by Kedron.

external connection for TV not even fitted.Hole there but no connection.

I could keep going.especially they last one we are trying to solve at this time.

My concern is that the warranty expires soon and where will we stand after that?

• Sad 1

I would not be concerned about a warranty expiring as the Kedron factory is exceedingly helpful regardless of the age of a van.  Someone recently reported of buying a second hand 10 year old Kedron and it needed a problem to be addressed.  The factory said they were more than willing to fix the issue; unfortunately the owner lived 1000kms or so away from the factory and was not too happy to drive that far.

But we once lived in Darwin when our van had an issue  and Kedron had a local repairer who was able to do the work at Kedron's expense.  You will find the Galls to be very helpful, but of course you need to approach them in a friendly and agreeable manner, as I have no doubt you will.

• Thanks 2

Hi Maureen & Brian,

I also would like to echo Chris's comments above, it is disappointing that you have experienced 'failures/shortcomings' with your new Kedron van.

I honestly believe you will find that Kedron will sort out your concerns , promptly and with a smile....albeit you probablyay have a frown on your face now......soon it will be smile....yes it would have been better to have a smile from day one. 

Looking forward to meet you at a gathering or somewhere on the road in this beautiful country.

Regards 

Tony H

PS......PM sent

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hi Kym and Kathryn!

We met you at Streaky Bay, parked a few vans up from us. We arrived back to Queensland last week. Really enjoyed our time in South Australia and most particularly, the Eyre Peninsula. Our van was having the shake down trip, after having picked it up from the factory in November. So have booked in for it's first service next week after travelling more than 5000ks. I'm sure you will love your van and quickly get into the swing of things.

Regards

Terry and MaryLou

• Like 3

Hi Terry & Mary Lou....great to hear from you!

We just arrived home yesterday having spent the previous night in the Spear Creek Caravan Park, a private camping area at the base of the ranges just southeast of Port Augusta and it was rather warm at about 42 deg!  So all night air-conditioning and a few beers was the only way we survived!! Luckily we were the only one's in residence, as it was a bit tight getting out, however very peaceful and shady with a few roos!  Arrived home to about 40 deg and slowly unpacked the van. Still waiting for it to cool down tomorrow to 30 deg to give it a washdown. Streaky Bay was a great spot, just pity about the heat and wind. Fishing was just not possible. We moved on down the coast with one night in Elliston, very windy and then 2 nights in Coffin Bay...still windy, but we managed a drive out into the National Park and a few dozen oysters!! After this we made a short trip to Port Lincoln and stayed with family for the week, which was great and very relaxing. Finally managed to go out fishing in my Bro in Laws boat to Sir Joseph Banks Group of Islands...just sensational and luckily we bagged our 30 King George Whiting and had a feast when we came ashore. Now also have a few fillets in the freezer to keep our Omega 3 in check!! On the van front, well we had it serviced in Port Lincoln as it was time at 5,000km and attempted to have a few issues resolved, like the laminate trim lifting on almost every cupboard and narrow surface!! They fixed some, but still more to do...will be trying to resolve with Kedron. They had never seen any van as bad as what ours was!! Anyway, hopefully we will be able to resolve the issues that we are having before our next adventure? Just hope it will not mean an unexpected trip to Brisbane to achieve it!!?  As an aside, make sure you keep one of your nifty coffee tables aside for us, we will work out a way to get it from you somehow!!

Hope you are both going well and looking forward to more adventures.....

Kind Regards,

Kym & Kathryn