Baileys Grand Tour Of Australia

Hi everyone.

In August this year we set of from Tassie, came over on the Spirit Of Tasmania in our Toyota Prado with our 7  & 1/2 year old Dog Bailey. We drove up to QLD to pick up our first Caravan, a Kedron XC3 Compact. We plan to spend the next couple of years doing the big lap.We will be around Coffs Harbour at Christmas to the New Year. Then will start to head north to Cairns around April or May. Then we will be heading to Cape York in June 2018. If anyone is in these areas at that time and would like to catch up just let us know. Cheers

Kevin, Andrea & Bailey

• Like 2

Hi Kevin, Andrea and Bailey.

welcome to the Kedron family.  When you see a fellow Kedron owner always say hi,  and join the camaraderie. Put some photos up of your rig and travel experiences as we all love photos.

Chris

• Like 1

Welcome to the group. Keep us informed of your travels, places you have visited and your next destination.  Post  this info in the Trip section.  You never know someone might be in the same area and have a catch up. Kedron owners are friendly people (most are).

Enjoy your travels.

Sandra and Clive

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, Kevin & Andrea. Interested in how you go with the Compact in your travels. We've got on one order for May 18, so keen to hear what you need and what you don't need in the small van.

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

Hi John, regarding the Kedron Compact 

We have being on the road for 4 months now. Love the full ensuite, we have the front load washing machine and it gets plenty of use, but at $1500.00 it’s not cheap. I would also consider the sliding draw in the front boot, don’t have it but I think it would be handy. Have 2 spares but I think one would do unless you’re doing a lot of dirt & off road. The lift up leg extensions would be handy. Our van goes back to Kedron in late January for new roof and side we got hit by a storm in Grafton before Xmas. Love the van it won’t disappoint you. 

Regards Andrea & Kevin. 

• Like 1

Hey, Baileys - thanks for the reply. Yep, the washer is a must, even at that price. I am going for the slide-out drawer, but with a front spot to put in a Baby-Q and a smaller drawer behind. We're seriously looking at the lift-up leg extensions, but also considering the more narrow fridge with bottom drawer, since it gives a little more bench space. (Glen did a video of a van in early December with this option) Sorry to hear about the storm damage - just lucky you bought a Kedron and the team will do the repairs without you waiting months for them to do the job...and you know it will be done properly!

Cheers!

John & Jan

Hey Guys,

I am curious as to what these lift up leg extensions are that you mention?

Thinking they are maybe something to do with stabiliser legs but please help!

Cheers  John

Edited by jherron
correct grammar mistake

On 06/01/2018 at 6:57 PM, jherron said:

Hey Guys,

I am curious as to what these lift up leg extensions are that you mention?

Thinking they are maybe something to do with stabiliser legs but please help!

Cheers  John

I think they are talking about the leg rests which fold out from the couch....  

Thanks Chris, You are correct I should have known, as we have a XC3 on order and have the leg rests included.

Cheers John