The Big Red Bash

kakadu

Hi All 

Got a call from one of my brothers on Monday asking if I was interested in going to The  big Bash,since then everything has been booked but what 

I need from anybody who has been and done the bash before where can you top up  water tanks and dump toilet before going into area. Brother is travelling

from Brisbane and I am travelling from Melbourne and meeting at Lighting ridge for a couple of days then onto Charleville for a night,Windorah then to Birdsville

on the Saturday before .WE are free camping at Birdsville before going in on Sunday,could not book into caravan park at Birdsville they don't take bookings for

one night bookings.

Kakadu 

• Like 2

Hi Tony

There are two dump points in Birdsville, one either end of town and water is freely available last time I was up there.  They had a water line ran out to the River (Race Course side)

on the northern side of the road from town.  As far as remember it is also available at the town bore, right turn after the Pub.

Enjoy your trip

Merv

• Like 1

Thanks Merv

did not have trip planed had to forgo  grand parents duties to make it happen but they will forgive me.

your 20ins GMC rims are going good.

Kakadu

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/04/2018 at 3:04 PM, kakadu said:

Hi All 

Got a call from one of my brothers on Monday asking if I was interested in going to The  big Bash,since then everything has been booked but what 

I need from anybody who has been and done the bash before where can you top up  water tanks and dump toilet before going into area. Brother is travelling

from Brisbane and I am travelling from Melbourne and meeting at Lighting ridge for a couple of days then onto Charleville for a night,Windorah then to Birdsville

on the Saturday before .WE are free camping at Birdsville before going in on Sunday,could not book into caravan park at Birdsville they don't take bookings for

one night bookings.

Kakadu 

Hi call into the Birdsville Lodge if you need anything.Brian and I are in Birdsville for a couple of months.

Water will not be a bother.But if you are camping out by the river bring sturdy ground cover as the bindis are bad this year.

The flies are out in millions( I am not joking) you will need cover.

The nights cold but days beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1