Brake servicing

Tony are these for offroad vans I have a topender and have read the brake magnets need to be offroad pacific 

Regards Kakadu

G'Day Tony,

I have been using these aftermarket brake assemblies on my van & also vans that I service for many years with NO trouble from the std magnets. I am aware of the 'off road' magnets but could not justify the added cost.

That's my experience anyway.....your call.

So important to adjust the brakes correctly (bendix electric) screw adjuster up till wheel locks then back off 'twelve clicks' !

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks for that Tony its good to get the heads up from the people who know what they are talking about

Cheers Kakadu

Hi Tony 

Just a side question while I am doing my brakes I am going to replace all the wheel bearings and was wondering 

what method  you use to remove the inner bearing cones the outer ones are easy buy just tapping them out with 

a punch but inner ones are hard to get to.

Cheers Kakadu

G'day,

Yes, a brass drift (preferably) or a steel punch.....some hub castings have a two opposite recess's  for easier bearing cone removal....& some dont,..... bet you a $ yours doesn't!

If you don't, just persevere with the punch just taking 'nibbles' at the cone ....you'll sort it. When you have got the old cone out clean the seat in the hub so the new cone seats properly. 

Good luck with your project.

Cheers & beers

Tony

PS .........when you buy your new bearings & seals, buy another 'spare set' or if old bearings are OK (one wheel) put inside a sturdy ziplock bag and store safely in the van....Murphy's Law if you have a set you'll never need them when your travelling....don't forget the grease either (High Temp/Extreme pressure)