Ormondo

Ormondo

Hi

i seem to be getting water into my front storage locker / boot through the locks on my 2014 XC3.

Has anyone had any experience on how to fix this problem ?

thank you

• Like 1

We too,  have the same problem. Look forward to hearing from others to see if there is a way to solve this problem. We thought the water may be coming through the rubber seals.

look forward to some replies.

If you mean the very front boots (where the batteries are kept) we are also experiencing this problem after all the rain.  We presume that because they lean that the channels get full and overflow into this area.  Just pulled out 3 very soggy towels.  Anyone come up with a solution we are all ears???

• Like 1

OK

so I have found a supposed fix from another forum which I am probably going to try

it includes nicking out the rubber seal in 2 places per door to line up with the door drain holes on the bottom edge

attached are the photos the writer provided

Boot-1.jpg

Boot-2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I solved that problem on my TE some time ago.  The black rubber seal around all the latches was perishing and cracking.  I enquired about purchasing replacement black seals.  I found  i had to purchase a whole new latch.  So, I removed all the latches and then all the black seals.  Cleaned all the black seals off all surfaces.  Then simply used clear silicon and replaced the latches.  Worked perfectly.  No more leaks.  I will be at the van later today and I will take a photo and post it here.  It really is a simple fix.