VERY IMPORTANT message from your President, Kilkivan Gathering November 2020

TonyH

Greetings all,

I trust this finds you in good health & spirits.

For the past couple of weeks I have delayed this announcement, really hoping that we (all of Australia & the rest of the world) could see an end to this wretched COVID-19 virus.

With the continuing cases in Victoria & NSW, closed QLD borders and severe quarantine/travel restrictions, we (the executive) have agreed that the proposed gathering at Kilkivan cannot go ahead in a safe manner like it has over the past few years.

It is with GREAT reluctance that I have to inform you that the proposed Kedron Owners Group (KOG) gathering @ Kilkivan in November 2020 has been cancelled.  

Attendance from interstate members, would be non existent & members from Qld would/could be hesitant to attend.

That being said, with anticipated attendance being very marginal, we have decided that this years Christmas Gathering is not viable!

Five top line presenters, had already committed to this gathering, I sincerely hope they will appreciate this decision & will consider attending at a later date.

Re: The AGM, we (KOG) have been in communication Queensland Office of Fair Trading- about 'Tenure of members of the management committee' and the effect of COVID-19 affecting the operation/management of 'Social Clubs' such as ours.

The correspondence we have received from the Office of Fair Trading, indicates the we have a six month 'grace' period to hold an AGM from the originally proposed November 2020 date. With that in mind, we will keep ALL financial members up date, with news on a date, venue and what style (yet to be decided) we will conduct the AGM. 

In closing, I would like to remind all members who have NOT paid their renewal subs, they are NOW DUE!

If you could attend to this as a priority, it would be very much appreciated, renewal notices were sent out over a month ago.

Please, stay safe!

Looking forward to seeing you down the road.

Regards,

Tony Heat.

(President)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• TonyH featured and pinned this topic

Hi Tony 

With the uncertainty of the Covid-19 situation and with the changing border restrictions, we certainly agree with Management Committee decision to cancel the AGM and the November gathering.

We were to travel to South Australia for a Beccy Cole tour with her Aussie Road Crew, and we have had to cancel that. 

We live with uncertain times ahead, but “we’ll meet again some sunny day”.

Cheers from Pete.

• Like 2

Thank you Tony,

I guess it is a wise choice in these crazy times.

I am just sorry it had to happen, especially knowing you and the huge amount of work you and the committee would have put into staging this event. 

But in the words once spoken by a very wise man  ............................... "Shit happens".

Cheers

Steve & Kerry

• Like 3

It is a shame indeed that the event has had to be cancelled this year.  Tony puts in a lot of work into preparing the presenters and activities, and it’s disappointing that it won’t be possible to hold the AGM in this format this year.

But next year is sure to be better!

• Like 2