Dirt roads and dust

JOLYBE

We have a 2013 Topender and are permanent travellers around this beautiful country.

However, whenever we travel on dirt roads, the whole inside of the van ends up with dust everywhere, including the ensuite.

We tape up the water heater and the door.

Any ideas?

Thanks Tony-I would have expected an off road van to not take as much dust as this one does.Very disappointed to have spent so much money on a van that doesn't live up to its reputation.

Have you spoken to Kedron Service?

They are keen to assist with any dramas, or at least that is my finding.

6 hours ago, TonyH said:

Have you spoken to Kedron Service?

They are keen to assist with any dramas, or at least that is my finding.

Yes have spoken to Robyn at service-she is not interested in the problem and has suggested l get a dust reduction unit at the price of approx $2500.

Do you have the unit installed in your van?

Yes I do, yet to use it 'in anger' ......will be in about two weeks as we head west.

Don't know of your current location re, visiting the factory....Robyn is usually VERY helpful and obliging!

Wheel arches, fridge vents, holes in the floor for pipes, cables etc, if you have a rear kitchen the rangehood vent, etc are all entry points.

Use of a good quality flexible sealant works, and make sure there is no dust or dirt where you apply the sealant as it won't work and in time open up a gap. 

We were on a tag-along a few years ago with 10 vans in all. At the end of the first day on dirt the owners of a Jayco opened the door to be greeted by a thick, and I mean thick, layer of dust over every thing in the van.

Bas

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/05/2021 at 2:04 PM, Bas said:

Wheel arches, fridge vents, holes in the floor for pipes, cables etc, if you have a rear kitchen the rangehood vent, etc are all entry points.

Use of a good quality flexible sealant works, and make sure there is no dust or dirt where you apply the sealant as it won't work and in time open up a gap. 

We were on a tag-along a few years ago with 10 vans in all. At the end of the first day on dirt the owners of a Jayco opened the door to be greeted by a thick, and I mean thick, layer of dust over every thing in the van.

Bas

• Like 1