FRIDAY FUNNY - What would we do without elections?

Bas

Our hopeful future PM, Albo walked into a bank to cash a cheque

When he’s called over to the teller, he says, "Good morning, could you please cash this cheque for me?"

The teller replied, "It would be my pleasure sir. Could you please show me your ID?"

Albo said, "Truthfully, I didn’t bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I’m the leader of the Labor Party of Australia."

The teller said, "Yes sir, I know who you are... but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors, forgers, and requirements of the legislation etc., I must insist on seeing ID."

Albo said, “Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they’ll tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

The teller said, "I’m sorry, Mr Albanese, but these are the bank rules and I must follow them"

Getting a bit agitated, Albo snapped, “C'mon woman, I’m urging you, please, to cash this cheque.."

The teller said, "Look Mr Albanese, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods, he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque.

"Another time, Patrick Rafter came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his cheque. So, Mr Albanese, what can you do to prove that it is you, and only you?"

Albo stands there thinking, and thinking, and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank... there’s nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do... and I don't have a clue."

With a big smile, the teller said, "Will that be large or small notes, Mr Albanese?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Look, I do have a sense of humour, but I am tired of the bashing Labor jokes.  If I posted a joke about Morrison or the state of the (decimated) Liberals, I wonder how that would go down?

Let’s have less political jokes.

I have been an Administrator on other forums over the years and can say that some of the biggest arguments will be over politics or religion.

We need to respect each others’ views on such topics, by refraining from posting political material.

Any overtly political material posted on this forum will be deleted.

Our Guidelines state:

The following types of posts are not acceptable.

• Defamatory or libellous.
  • Offensive language or sexual content.
  • Personal abuse or unpleasantness.
  • Incitement of racial hatred or other activities illegal under Australian law.
  • Promotion of other sites in a way that might be expected to result in financial disadvantage to the Kedron Owners Group Committee, its Members and Forum Moderators.  (Posts that promote competitor sites in a low key, friendly and responsible manner may sometimes be accepted by prior arrangement with the Kedron Owners Group Committee and Forum Moderators.)
  • Promotion of any 'get rich quick' schemes or email solicitations to join such schemes.
  • Unpaid advertisements or spam.
  • Irrelevant or off-topic posts such as political or religious rhetoric.
  • Posts not covered by any of the above, but deemed clearly inappropriate by the Forum Moderators.

Hi Chris

There were a lot of politically oriented jokes circulating as the election was the flavour of the the 6 weeks, and many seemed to have a particular focus or bias.

Since early December last only 3 political jokes have been posted.

If and when I post in future, I will endeavour to not select jokes with topics that some may find offensive, and that might be difficult task.

Barry

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bas said:

Hi Chris

There were a lot of politically oriented jokes circulating as the election was the flavour of the the 6 weeks, and many seemed to have a particular focus or bias.

Since early December last only 3 political jokes have been posted.

If and when I post in future, I will endeavour to not select jokes with topics that some may find offensive, and that might be difficult task.

Barry

Yes Barry, there were other comments made,   and generally they were innocuous.  But one comment leads to another, and next thing we have a bun fight.  Best we leave them to our own social media accounts.  Thanks for being understanding.

• Like 1