Solar panels

Chris

Just a quick question; where do forum members buy their solar panels?  We want to replace some old panels and want a recommendation for replacements.

It would be good to hear why you chose the supplier, too.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...

So Chris,

Did you do a Solar Panel upgrade?  Would you like to share what you ended up with?

I'm in the planning stage for replacing my solar panels, and adding another battery for my 13yo TopEnder.

My current system is 4 x 130watt panels, with 2 x Lithium batteries.  I replaced the original 3 x 120 ah AGM batteries about 4 years ago.  The batteries were still working well, but I was looking for some weight savings.

So, I'm looking at installing 4 x 300 (or 400) watt Flexible Solar Panels giving me 1200-1600 watts, and adding another Lithium battery.

All this depends on is whether I can find flexible panels that with fit my railing system, and the everything is compatible with my Xantrex C60 DC controller and Xantrex TC6012 TrueCharge2 Battery Charger.

Regards

Chris Wallace

Perth

On 11/10/2022 at 7:43 AM, Chris said:

Just a quick question; where do forum members buy their solar panels?  We want to replace some old panels and want a recommendation for replacements.

It would be good to hear why you chose the supplier, too.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Chris.

Our panels are not flexible, but rather the fixed units which are on top of the van.  They are Victron brand which we got from Trip Tracks (David Bellette).

I am not sure about the longevity of the flexible panels.  Are they proving satisfactory?  (I hasten that I add nothing about them).

But I do know it is always good to increase solar wattage and lithium capacity 😆

Chris(tine)

PS I can always give you David Bellette's contact details but am not sure if he supplies flexible panels.

• Like 2