Tenkonsha P3 Brake Controller

Mark n Deb

We have just purchased a P3 brake controller from ABR Sidewinder, i havent heard any reports on how they perform does anyone here use one already and if so how is it. We use the Voyager now and iam not very impressed with it, i just cant seem to get the brakes rite :confused1: they are either to harsh or not enough. By the time we got home from the Winton trip i could only just feal the trailer brakes but if i used the manual slide the trailer brakes never even came on, the light turned redish orange but the car just kept rolling on didnt even slow.

Iam hoping the new P3 will solve this problem.

Hi Mark & Deb,

Weve got the Prodigy. I just read the features of the P3 and they seem similar to the Prodigy but a little more sophisticated. The most important features in my view, are the connection confirmation, the voltage and the boost.

The connection confirmation for the peace of mind that your brakes are connected.

The voltage gives you an indication of the power going to the brakes and can be adjusted accordingly.

The boost levels for when you have extra load or are travelling down hills.

Hope this is of some help,

Rosco

:thumbsup:

John, yes mate I adjusted the brakes a few months ago before the Noosa North Shore trip and I wasn't very impressed with the brakes then as well, just cant seem to get the right setting, its very frustrating.

Rosco, how's it going mate, Chris still keeping you on your toes :clown: . Thanks for that info, this is what got me interested to start with and was going to get the prodigy and I saw the P3 and this got my interest up.

For any info to others we purchased the P3 online with ABR Sidewinder on Monday night, this moring (Wed 8:30am) a courier delivered it to the door, I am very impressed with the service and recommend him.

http://www.sidewinder.com.au/

Ebay store