New Van Photoshoot

Chris

Hi everyone.

We are now in Brisbane, in place for (a) picking up the new LC200 series and (B) getting ready for delivery of the new Top Ender

We called into the factory yesterday, and Glen asked if we would be agreeable to having the van photographed and a review written for a magazine article. Would we ever!

So today we accompanied Gil Schott and the Galls en masse to a couple of locations to photograph another van (a Cross Country) and our van. Ours was shot at Scarborough Beach, with the ocean behind it. Stunning. Dave Gall muttered a bit about the possibility of a Council worker coming and telling us to move on...but that didn't happen.

Mrs Gall senior armed us all with a table set with "props" - fruit, wine glass, tablecloth etc - and in the shots of our van Val and I tried to look serious while having fun (hard to pull that one off) while sitting at a table in front of the van with wine glasses in hand. Really good wine too! Val and I felt like movie celebs, sitting at leisure while flashbulbs popped all around us (metaphorically speaking - flashes these days are actually silent).

The van looks wonderful, truly wonderful, inside and out, and has everything we asked for. And a couple of things I forgot I had asked for. Stan seems to keep control of that, together with Lisa in the front office.

The van is due to go on 13 Feb, but maybe, just maybe it might be earlier? It LOOKS ready.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Glad it is all going well. It must be sooo exciting.

When does the magazine come out with your photo shoot? It's great knowing someone "famous" :shades:

.....and a new Cruiser too. Colours?

Colours Webby Sue? Well, they are Sandbank external (a creamy gold?) and inside pale green curtains and dark green leather seats, with a cream patterned laminate. I THINK the bedspread was cream...

Ooooh it looks proper flash.

Chris

Very funny Rick and Lea! Yes, well that WAS of course the van. The car is (I think) Goldrush. The car and van will match. Who knows what colour the car will be inside!

Chris

Looks great chris :thumbsup: - Damn i hate seeing pics of new Kedrons as it makes me want one again :sad:

I hope the next G aerial folds down - actually a close up pic of it would be good as that's where i was thinking of mounting one on our van.

Cheers

Darryl

Hi Dazmit.

Yes, it folds down as neatly as can be, and really easy to reach. I will try to remember to take a photo. I noticed that Gil Schott was photographing it in closeup.

Chris

Congrats to the proud new TopEnder owners. We'll definitely check out the mag article. We've got the first TopEnder (611) and still feel that same thrill every time we take off on a trip. We'll be hitting the road again for 6 months from July. Can't wait...

Tom & Jackie

PS We read in the Courier Mail that Shane & Elle Blacker (Chief Cook and Bottle Washer at Bedourie Roadhouse) are a little wet at the moment. Expect them to start quacking soon. :laugh:

Tom and Jackie,

are you the guys we met first at New Norcia in WA, and then at Girraween NP in QLD? I recall they said they were the first TE owners...

Chris

Hi Chris & Val

The new van looks really great. I'm particularly interested in your NextG antennae. Did you supply the hardware, or did Kedron? Can you give me make model etc please? We need to get our original antennae replaced as it is - well - not well!!!

I recall a message saying that you are now residing an hour north of Adelaide. Whereabouts are you? Rick & I are heading towards Adelaide & WA from Brisbane as soon as the weather is viable (for that read reasonably cool), and it would be really good to catch up.

All the very best

Lea

Lea and Rick,

we are at Springton, a small town between Angaston and Mount Pleasant. It is cooler there than Adelaide, as it is in the Adelaide Hills. Well, a bit cooler. You would be very welcome indeed to call in. We are in the main street, in a Federation house opposite the General Store (impossible to miss).

Although we have a big yard not sure if two Kedrons will fit though...we could always try?

Chris

Hi Chris & Val

Sorry - not us! One of our first outings when our van was new & shiny was a Kedron gathering at Cania Gorge in Oct 2005. We've been to New Norcia (excellent nutcake and olive oil), but not to Giraween. We also attended the gathering in Stanthorpe last August.

Best wishes

Tom & Jackie

PS I did email you about remote teaching experience in NT a couple of years back. :smile:

Hi Deb!

You can't hide when you are a Kedronner!! We were driving the car back to the caravan park, five minutes after picking it up, when Deb's car pulled up next to us at traffic lights. She gave it the thumbs up.

Yes, the colour is 'interesting'; I didn't actually think Goldrush was going to be so dark...but I am sure I will get used to it.

Toyota said another person is coming in this coming week to pick up a 200 series LC, who is also picking up a Top Ender. In both cases, we have the new van in matching colour to the car - the van's colour is called "Sandbank". So it seems to be a Kedron-client favourite colour!!

Chris

Thanks Mick and Vicki.

Is a trip to Adelaide on the cards? Would you be travelling from WA, or somewhere entirely different?

And have you heard from the bro' lately? Is he waterlogged up in Mackay?

Chris

Great to hear from you Wal and Sharon.

I bet it's hot up there now! When we were at Keep River in October it was roasting - so hot we left there after a few days and went back to the community we were then calling home!

After that trip, when -once again- the Honda wouldn't run the airconditioning in the middle of the day, we firmed our resolve to instead buy a Yamaha 245. Which we did, in Adelaide So the new van will have good power capacity.

We intend coming back your way in the middle of the year, but as our plans always change so much, who knows!?

Chris

Hey, thanks for thinking of us Jane and David!

It was as smooth as silk, the pickup and get-away. We told Kedron we wanted to be out of that factory and rolling by 1.00pm, and they had us out by noon.

Graham did a wonderful job at talking us through all the new features. We picked up a couple of small anomalies at that stage. Such as the additional light fittings over the table and at the bedhead had not been fully installed. They said they thought we would be doing them ourselves, wheras what we had meant was we would be changing the halogen globes at a later stage to LED lightrs (so we will have a choice of which lights to use, depending on whether we are bushcamping or on town power (I do prefer the golden light of the halogen but not the power drawdown).

I notice a couple of changes that I don't like, compared with the old van. The new shower curtain track only covers the door, and doesn't go right around the toilet unit, shielding it from water during a shower. And the new toilet unit lacks a toilet roll holder. Not sure where you are supposed to put the roll - there's no spot suitable for it!

When we arrived up here at Wivenhoe Dam it was pouring down, and that made packing the van 'interesting'. Still raining...

To cap it all off, we had forgotten to buy dishwashing detergent, so couldn't washup. Oh my, what a shame!

Had ham sandwiches for dinner....

"Oh, the van?" I hear you ask. Beautiful, absolutely wonderfully finished off, immaculately presented, right down to a gift pack of creams for the leather lounge, and the table set with tablemats and gift cups.

Anne did a wonderful job making sure the blokes all kept out with their boots toward the end - she even had a big sign at the door warning them not to go in with boots!

Chris

post-45-1234592425_thumb.jpg

Hi Chris & Val,

firstly , Congratulations on your spiffy new set up.

We too were not impressed with the kerchief size shower curtain arrangement & nowhere for toilet roll.

Solution to toot roll was easy once new curtain was installed. I went of to a curtain shop in Dubbo, purchased a powder coated aluminium flexible curtain track & set to bending it where needed. It now covers from 10 cm past door , over door, around toot & to the back of the vanity unit, - all of which now no longer gets wet. Which gives me somewhere completely dry to hide the suction stlye toilet roll holder.

Then I went to Spotlight & purchased some rip stop nylon & made one huge sucker of a shower curtain, which takes up no space at all when pushed back & goes almost to the floor.

Yes I can easliy do this for you if our paths cross with these items in your possession.

I was dubious at using the suction fixtures but they work well , small towel holder too. Purchase at Bunnings - much cheaper than Spotlight.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Elle :thumbsup: :helpsmilie: