"Off Road" Photos

cvtripper

I was just over at the BT site and noticed a thread started there with a few pics in "off road" conditions.

I thought I'd start a thread and see what we can come up with.

I have a few tame ones below - hopefully the rest of you can do better and add to this thread.

The first is on the Savannah Way, the second on Noosa Northshore Beach.

post-29-1238672056_thumb.jpg

post-29-1238672077_thumb.jpg

Great idea David. Here is one of the previous van crossing the Pentecost River on the Gibb River Road.

Chris

post-45-1238809021_thumb.jpg

Are you joking!? Take the new van offroad - and get it dirty/wet????? Ah, no, not yet. Working on the plan for the next trip with it. We think we will go up the Oodnadatta Track to Finke, en route to Alice in July or August.

Yes it is a Portabote - we took it around Australia for the first 12 months. Great invention.

Here is another whimsical shot of the van:

post-45-1238826939_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is what happens when the pin and r clip that holds the reece hitch together disappeared' and our 18'6 TE took a dive.

It happened on the gravel road from St. Helens to Postmans Points in NE Tasmania.

We now have a key locked pin!

The only damage was to the jockey wheel, that we were going to replace with a jack type, anyway.

These Kedrons are tough!

Ian & Jill Brown

David,

Thought we would put some south island photo's. Temma turn off before the Western Explorer, on the Western Explorer and than the fire trail between Tea Gardens and Policemans Point NE Tassie (glad we didn't have the same trouble Ian and Jill had glad to hear no damage).

I have used the lock pin since someone took my normal pin on a work ute once. :smile:

If anyone wants a good XC Pop Top this ones for sale.

Ian & Jill, thanks for the post and the warning. We usually use the lockable PIN but I'll make sure I do always now. Glad the damage was minimal.

Laurie & Helen, good to see your input. We'll get to Tassie one day.

Here's another pic taken this weekend....

post-29-1240827696_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Dear David and Jane,

We saw your photo towing on the beach and would like to know which beach it was and how the van handled on the soft sand. We are planning a trip to Moreton Island in a few weeks and would appreciate any advice as we have the same size van and car.

Thanks

Hi Andre,

The photo of our van on the beach was probably Cooloola NP (Double Island Point) - north of Noosa. The beach here generally is quite hard between the high and low water and low tide is the best time to travel. Kedron's Fraser Island video shows the boys travelling this beach also.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...