Visiting Tasmania With Your Van

Bruce and Sue

I understand that there are some Kedron owners planning a visit to the South Island in the not too distant future. As a resident of Tasmania I would be very happy to answer any questions you may have. This offer stands for any other ownwers in the future

Bruce :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Hi Bruce my wife and I are due on the South island on Thursday 5/11 really looking forward to it as I have not been for quite a few years. Any tips advice would be greatly appreciated. Also hopefully we maybe able to catch up with you or any other Kedron owners who are ther at the moment.

Regards Adam

Hi Bruce, Rod and Adam

We're on the ferry to the Apple Isle on 3 December and staying till mid-Feb.

Rod, Not sure if you'd remember us. We me you at Turners Beach whilst waiting for the ferry home to the big island in Feb 2006. We've got the first of the TopEnders. We've been round the block since then but Tassie is still one of our favourite places to visit. Hope we can catch up again.

Happy trails

Tom & Jackie

Hi Adam, there is heaps of free camping in Tasmania. Free camping in Tasmania and Off road tasmania you would find very helpful. Get them from a book shop or camping shop. The Tasmanian government have published a set of maps covering the four regions of Tasmania.They are titled Tasmania 1:250 000, then the region. Obtainable from Service Tasmania shops or agents.

These maps give more detail than Hema. My mobile 0418120942. Cheers, Bruce :thumbsup:

Hi all you lucky KOGs in Tassie at this time.

You may like to know you are sharing Tassie with thousands of HOGs ( Harley Davidison Owners)

They are having there National HOG Rally. Rob Van Geelen is there with his Harley, you may see him there.

He couldn't tow the Kedron though. He is roughing it in a Motel. (Wife is working back in Qld)

Hope to see everyone at Xmas Gathering.

LOL

Jewel Van Geelen

Hi all

Yes Tom and Jackie I do remember. Since then we have done a couple of mainland trips of 4 months or so, last year up to Townsville for the Ulysses AGM (bugger the Harleys) then Burketown, Lawn Hill, Mt Isa, Darwin, Broome, Barn Hill, Top Springs, and then south to the GOR and Melb and the Spirit home.

For anyone spending some time in Tassie, the Visitor Information Centres (the yellow I) can also give you all the information you may need about things to see and do. Sometimes I volunteer at the Sheffield info centre but don't look for me now as I am working at Port Sorell post office, week on, week off building up the petrol account for West Aust next year.

We would be pleased to see any people visiting tassie, we live opposite the O C Ling Caravan Park at Turners Beach and our van is parked in our front yard. Tom and Jackie stayed there a couple of years ago and they can pass on their thoughts - only about 5 tourist spots but a good place for an extended stay.

Cheers

Rod and Judy Priestley

0418 590 500

KC000169 XC 21'

We really enjoyed Lawn Hill, canoing up the gorge was a highlight of our trip.

We can recommend Turners Beach CP (run by a community group?) also the camp spot at Riana, inland from Penguin which is run by volunteers, very cheap and lots of firewood when we were last there.

BTW, We met a very nice lady working at Tamworth Services Club who was attending the Hog Rally. They had booked the whole ferry on 4 Nov.

Tom & Jackie

Hi all,

We are new Kedron owners but if you are heading down the Channel region of Tassies, and I recommend you do, let us know and we can catch up.

If anyone wants to head to Bruny Island for a day or two, you are more than welcome to leave you van at our place, we have 2 1/2 acres.

We are heading off in April 2010 for a couple of years, but all visitors welcome before than.

Niels & Cynthia

Kettering - Tassie

Hi All,

We arrived in tassie on thursday night and what can we say, magic weather and beautiful green paddocks what a change 2 weeks ago we were in the Red centre! Thought tomorrow night we may head over to Turners Beach would love to catch up with you there Rod and Judy. Neils and Cynthia we would love to take you up on your offer as Bruny Island is a place that we would love to go to...any ideas how much it is to take the van over on the ferry? And Bruce thanks for yor help hopefully we may be able to catch up when we end up in Hobart which should be early December.

Adam and Lynda

Hi Adam and Lynda

Give us a call on 0418 590 500 or 64 282 759 to make sure we are in. I will be driving a cancer car from Burnie to Launceston and back on Wednesday but should be home mid afternoon.

Cheers

Rod and Judy

• 2 months later...

Hi Niels and Cynthia,

We are in Franklin and heading to Cockle Creek for a week or so and want to do the Bruny Island cruise and wonder if your offer still stands for somewhere to park the van, if so could you let us know your phone# by e-mail neilgale47@yahoo.com or our mobile is 0428732514.

Neil and Julie Gale.