Cordillo Downs Track

MADOG

I travelled this track a long time ago when touring with a tent and given the trials of time I am unable to remember it in enough detail to be confident I would get the Top Ender through without grief. I do remember though that it was an incredibly enjoyable experience and would like to do it again.

We will be travelling alone - the tow tug is a "tricked up" 200 series Landcruiser with amongst other things a HF radio.

I understand that it is a bit wet out there at the moment so hoping it will dry up enough by the time we expect to be there which is mid July so lots of road report checks to be done while we are travelling.

If it is dry enough and the advice is that the terrain isn't too radical we will certainly come home that way.

We are travelling primarily up the NSW & QLD coast to Innisfail (working) from home in NE Vic and then down the Kennedy Hwy/Dev Road to Boulia, on to Birdsville where we will then head east towards Windorah some 117k's before turning south towards Cordillo Downs en route to Innamincka, Moomba, Cameron Corner, Tibooburra, Broken Hill.