LED Auto LAMPS

ken jennifer preston

Hi there,

I have a 2006 ATV2, and have a few LED lights out on the tail lights, made by www.ledautolamp.com.

I cannot work out how on earth they are removed and was hopeful that perhaps someone else has undertaken this

task and can assist. Kedron factory closed until the 16.1.2014, and a thorough search of the internet failed to

locate any information. My lights has three sections all about 3' square. One for the indicator and one

each for the brakes and tail lights. However they are no separate, looks like a complete unit.

There is no clips or screws that I can see, and access from inside is not an option as the shower is behind one and sink

the other.

Many Thanks.

G'day Ken/Jennifer

We have the same rear lights on our van. Someone? told me once that you have to squeeze the individual covers on the side and they unclip/pop out. I have never tried it! But you have to be careful not to crack them. If they are still working correctly despite a few leds not working I would live with it until after the crazy season is over. :unsure:

Cheers

Rick

Hi Ken and Jennifer,

I have had my lights out before and if they are the same, sounds like it, they are a sealed unit.

To remove you need a paint scaper to puts between the light and the black plastic frame. There are tabs top and bottom centre of each light, By pushing the scraper in it releases the tab.

I released the top and used the scaper to lever the top,out. then the bottom comes out as you pivot the top.

It is nerve racking as you think they will break.

I recall Tom saying that the manufacturer was near them and they were just over $ 100 each to replace

Hope that makes sense

Regards

Ken & Jennifer,

See my thread "Don't Take Your LED Stop/Tail Lights for Granted" on 18_05_2011, there are pics there on how I have done it on three or four occasions. Or if you wanted to ring me 0439 470 009. I can tell you how they fail.

Grahame