Moisture in side boot.

Pete and Tracey

Hi Everyone,

Picked up the Top Ender the other week and we are stoked with the service and finnish we recieved from the Kedron Boys. The van has met all our expectations.

I was just re-organising some gear in the boot on the left hand side of the van and found the chairs to have mould starting on them after just a couple of weeks. I then discovered that the boot was damp on the floor.

Anyone else have any experience with water in any of the external hatches? Will it help to replace the seals on the doors as they only look to be a foam dust seal. Can you get a propper waterproof seal for these hatches?

Any comments much appreciated.

Cheers.

post-494-1241920836_thumb.jpg

Peter & Tracey

Had a similiar problem when van was new. Discovered drain hole in bottom of boot had lost its plug,replaced lost! plug with a small ball of gladwrap.No more leeks. Will go mad one day and buy new plug. Hope this helps.

Rick & Lea

:thumbsup:

Hi Peter & Tracey,

We had some damp in our boot as well. Firstly we pulled the little plug out to let water drain out. At the bottom of the boot door there is a little gap for water to drain through and sometimes you may need to put a small nick in the rubber seal to allow the water to drain. Worked for us anyway.

Thanks for the response guys,

I had a look last night and I can't seem to locate the drain plug that you are talking about. I have identified the little nicks in the framewrok of the hatch door to let the water drain but no plug in the boot as such.

I can see a plug in the forward boot (where all the battries are) and is about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch drain hole.

One thing I did notice is that the over center latches that lock the door were not adjusted, they were loose, so it was not locking the hatch door to the body with much preassure. So I adjusted them to see how they go.

Thanks again for the replies.

Sorry Pete, I thought you meant the boot not the hatch.

Yes you would have difficulty finding a plug in the hatches .There aint none!

Cheers Rick. :confused1: