New Mattress

Mr Wato

Hi All

Has anyone had a replacement mattress made ? My wife suffers from sore hips, we have a foam thing, a sheepskin thing and about four other things and still to hard,we have a latex mattress at home and will try to have one made, does anyone know where I could do this

Cheers Phil :helpsmilie:

We had a similar problem with a previous caravan mattress and had a new one made which we were very happy with. Check out the website at www.madetomeasuremattresses.com.au. Good luck with it. Stan and Moya

Hi Phil,

We went through the exercise of mattresses and ended up with two options:

1. Lisa at Kedron gave us the supplier/manufacturer's name & address for us to choose our mattress for the van.

Originally we did not want the ordinary mattress due to comfort level requirement.

The mattress company were very helpfull, and have an extensive range.

They also maunfacture to order, be it standard or luxury materials.

Juvenator Sleep Systems

(07) 38081611

5 Dan St, Slacks Creek

info@juvenator.com.au

2. We also went to 'Pillow Talk', they had mattress toppers of varying thickness.

Some washable others have to be dry cleaned.

We opted for the Queen size 'Supreme,' washable.

They were on Special for $89.00 down from $129.00 approx.

Going with the mattress topper, it saved money, is very comfortable and gave a new lease of life to the house mattress.

So much so, we went back to 'Pillow Talk' and bought a second one for the van.

This allowed us to use the standard queen size option offered by Kedron.

You also have the option to use the 'egg shell' underlay if needed.

'Pillow Talk' said it would fit.

These mattress toppers have elasticated sides, not tie straps.

Hey, works for us as Kaye has a shoulder and hip problem to.

Hope this helps

Cheers

• 3 months later...

In our 10 yo Kedron RV we have twin beds with light innerspring mattresses. First holiday around OZ and i hated the bed and thought it caused me hip and leg problems and i couldn't wait to get home but it could have been caused by sitting too long travelling. Cliff reckons that they are the most cofortable mattress he has slept on and we have Wenatex at home. He has shoulder problems and can't wait to get away so he can sleep in the van beds. I bought all kinds of egg shell, high density foam, used the doonah to sleep on until i got a comfy pillow top underlay from pillowtalk which i put on top of the light eggshell. It is really good now but sitting for too long travelling is not good. Such a personal choice isn't it? Heather

As Gary and Kaye have done, we contacted Kedron/Lisa and found the supplier and will go and road test a few of the mattresses, and pass the details on to Lisa and she will order what we want. Hopefully this will avoid trying to rectify the problem after delivery. As i said in a previous thread, our vist to Kedron on Monday was a real pleasure.

Just to let you know , when we rang the supplier he told us that they were mooving in two weeks to just around the corner. May pay to ring first and confirm their address.

Happy snoozing.

Den and Col

G`Day Phil

We are the same as Nats. We had pillow top mattresses made by MMM (Made to measure mattresses) 3yrs.ago and could not be happier. Great service and they delivered to the factory when you require them.

Cheers

Rick & Lea ;)