Safari DTronic or Steinbauer Chip

CCC

Hi All

Has anyone installed a Safari DTronic or a Steinbauer chip?

We're interested in comparing them to DP, which we've heard some not so good reports on.

thanks

Reg and Fran

NT

:helpsmilie:

• 1 month later...

Hi Reg & Fran

I've got the Steinbauer in the Troopy TD. Been great for 2 yrs now.

After lots of research it's the way we went. Search exploroz for good info.

Congrats on the van. Hope to bump into you one day down the track.

John

Hi

I've had a Dtronic fitted to the 100 series from middle of 2004 with no problems. You can feel the differance and it helps eliminate the lag when starting off etc. I also fitted a 3" exhaust 2 years ago and that improved it even more - especially when overtaking slower vans, motorhomes etc :thumbsup:

Cheers

Darryl

Thanks for the replies

We're still thinking about the chip.

We've previously installed a Fitch fuel catalyst to the 2002 Troopie TD which provided instant power and improved consumption. We then put on a full 3" exhaust and a more efficient snorkel head and air filter. No noticeable improvement after these additions.

There is a mob that install Rapid chips with dyno tune pre and post installation who are located in most major cities. They indicated that if there was no improvement then they would refund.

The supplier of the Fitch fuel catalyst reckons I won't see any more improvement, but is keen to hear.

So still pondering......

cheers

Reg and Fran

:thumbsup: Hi ya Reg & Fran. We have the new 70 series V8 Troopy, and have just had a Rapid chip fitted along with a 3' exhaust. The improvement in instant power is unbeliveable. With the rapid you can switch it off when your not towing. The 3' exhaust has improved our fuel usage when running around not towing the van, depending on how you drive. When towing the van & the chip switched on there is a a big improvemeent in power you will really notice this when travelling up hills or overtaking, fuel use has improved a little when towing, depends on how you drive but the best thing I like is to have the instant power when you need it and not spending a long time in the lower gears, plus it's good to be doing the speed limit with ease, and still have plenty of power if needed :thumbsup:

David & Sharyn