Synchronizing Batteries

petenmargie

Just wondering if anyone can give some advice about the "synchronizing" batteries opperation on the xantrex charge controller. We have 3 pannel and batteries on an ATV and have been travelling for the past 14 months now, and I have performed the synchronizing function several times in that time by simply pressing the left and right buttons at the same time for 3-5 seconds. This seemed to set things right for about 3 months then do it again. But this time the flashing "synchronize" message won't go away. Can anyone tell me if this is a problem and will damage occur? I am a bit reluctant to go to an auto electrician as all they want to do is sell you new batteries. Thanks for any help with this.

Pete n Margie

Hi Peter n Margie

I recently had my van at the 12 volt shop and they seemed to know about the xantrex gear . the young blokes name is Chris Williams,His # is 08 94581212, they dont sell it anymore but he knew about them...good luck

Hows Denmark ?

we left on tuesday and only got as far as Kojonup and the trucks gearbox gave up and caught fire, know its in the shop having a 12k transplant.

happy travels

Phil n Darlene.

post-1028-1294982459_thumb.jpg

post-1028-1294982758_thumb.jpg

:helpsmilie: 8.45 pm Denmark in WA. All power now off. No lights, no nothing. Very dissapointing. Will now tow dead van to Albany for help. Just thought you would like to know. People here have been very helpful but no one really knows anything about the Xantrex system. Checked 3 batteries and they are fully charged. Checked all fuses and they are OK. Just no power to van.

Pete