Tow Hitch Lock

morribm

I had a Hayman Reece lockable pin fitted to the HR hitch head/hitch receiver on the LC200.

On two occasions when crossing the Great Central Road I found the locking end lying free next to the pin! The first occasion was purely a chance finding and I considered that I had simply (and stupidly) failed to secure it properly. However, following a period of almost fanatical checking that the lock was secure, I needed to stop the rig after being caught unawares by an unmarked dip to check that all was well and found the lock end adrift again! Not only that, but the pin had moved so that it was not a simple task of clipping the lock back on and I needed to unhitch so that I could jiggle the hitch head about to remove the pin and then replaced the scary HR lockable pin with a 'standard' pin and 'R' clip. I have now purchased a lockable pin that also has a 'R' clip. Belts and braces.

When I have a moment I need to pose some questions regarding the 2000lb HR (for 6T McHitch) hitch head and the slop at the hitch receiver on the LC 200.

Cheers

Brian

Hi Brian.

We have been using the lockable pin supplied by Joe McInnes with the McHitch for the last 20,000 kms with no problems at all.

Have a look on his web site.
/>http://mchitch.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12

$30 from him but I am sure it is available elsewhere.