Inverter to charge Kedron

Alan and Jayne

G'day

Has anyone tried to charge their Kedron's via their Xantrex Battery Charger using an inverter?

I think you would need at least a 1500watt sine wave inverter to do this. They are expensive, to say the least.

But it should work??

Any results would be appreciated.

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

Have not done this and can't see any good reason why anyone might want to. What are you trying to do?

John

Hi Alan,

I'd stay with the DCDC option as the only logical place for a big inverter would be in your van as that's where you may, "almost", have the battery capacity to run that size unit for short jobs. That size unit needs 4x120AH batteries.

I have a 2000VA, 1.45kw inverter/charger combo that feeds all the power points, this switches itself to mains or generator if available, it comes in handy for the toaster, kettle and of course the "hair dryer", but, in reality It is only ever used for the hair dryer when we are on the road between major stops, the battery draw is massive, so not suited for use in a generator free environment.ohmy.gif

Haven't tried our coffee machine on it yet, maybe I'll give it a go when we head off at the end of Maylaugh.gif

Good luck.JG