Insurance again

Zolle

Hi All

Like other posts on insurance ours is due and I have done some reading of PDS fine print of insurers.

I have found the following clause in the CIL PDS but have not found anything clearly printed in others.

Has anyone found an insurer with this clause clearly printed in their PDS?

3. Returning your caravan to you after repair

We cover We will return your caravan to you once

repaired following loss or damage.

When Your caravan has been repaired at repairer’s

premises that is over 100 kilometres from

your usual home.

Limit We may choose to either:

t pay you the reasonable cost of travel to

collect your caravan, or

t arrange to have your caravan delivered to

you after repairs have been completed.

I have found the following in the SGIO/NMRA PDS under exclusions which takes a bit of understanding,

we will not cover an incident caused by an

animal unless it is a dog or cat kept as a

pet in your on-site caravan or on the site

or in your touring caravan

we will not cover liability that arises from

the use of your on-site caravan, touring

caravan or trailer while it is attached to a

motor vehicle or motorcycle

we will not cover liability that arises from

your on-site caravan, touring caravan

or trailer if it becomes detached from a

motor vehicle or motorcycle while that

motor vehicle or motorcycle is in use

Cheers

Hi Zolle,

We are with Ken Tame & Assoc (Allianz) being an associate member of CMCA with both Cruiser and van.

Clause 7 Transportation Costs

If your vehicle is stolen or cannot be safely driven home as a result of accidental loss or damage which is covered under the "Cover for accidental physical loss or damage to your vehicle" section, we will pay the reasonable costs of transport to you and your family travelling with you to your normal place of residence in Australia..

Clause 8 Travel costs to Collect Vehicle

We will cover the reasonable costs for you to travel to the repairer's premises to collect your vehicle or the reasonable costs to deliver your vehicle to your residence following the theft and recovery or accidental loss or damage to your vehicle which is covered under the "Cover for accidental physical loss or damage to your vehicle" section.

The other clauses you added have me stumped a bit as well!

In the Allianz policy there is a large section on what they don't cover - some of which include, if you are no longer a current financial member of the CMCA or if vehicle is loaned to a non financial member, driver unlicensed or DUI, overloaded, unsafe or unroadworthy vehicle, carrying passengers for hire etc.

They also cover medical emergency or transportation of vehicle in respect of unexpected death of the insured or an immediate relative but it is quite lengthy to type. You can go to Ken Tame's website or CMCA to have a look at the PDS. A covering letter states the policy covers repatriation home following, including that of the vehicle, to home following the inability to travel due to an unexpected medical emergency or injury.

I couldn't see anything about animals in the time I had to look at our policy but there is cover for third party property damage up to $20m and personal liability you may incur as a result of an accident causing bodily injury or property damage to $20m.