Requesting Advice

Guest barb

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum thanks for running this site and the answers in advance. We own a jayco outback and a Kimberely Kamper at the moment but am planning to buy a Kedron van in the very near future. We have plans of leaving our workplacesand travelling and working I am a school teacher and my husband is an industrial electrician. What I was wonder ing if you would tell my what you think works in your vans and what dosnt and if you have a washing machine is it worth it.

My wish list at this point is a decent sized fridge, full stove and oven, plenty of bench space and shower toilet combined an island bed was thinking east west as i thought this would give more room. Was thinking a cafe style table and chairs as we have an l shaped one and only use the end bits and the rest seems a waste of space.

thanks again in advance.

PS dont know if we will have enough money for a new one so may have to buy second hand

Hi Barb

Welcome to the group and I'm sure you will find plenty to keep reading

With your wish list most of your ideas will be good but what concerns me is finding a 2nd hand van with what you are asking may be VERY difficult to find.

I would keep an open mind on what you are after,2nd hand Kedrons are on the market but not in abundance and in most cases sell very quickly when advertised

Regards

Guest David & Debbie

Hi Barb

We currently own a 18ft Topender, upgraded from a Jayco outback with L shaped dinnet 18 mths ago.

Most of our trips are for only 2-3 months once a year as I still work.

We now have the cafe style dinnet which we prefer much better for two people. We have a 230lt fridge freezer which is just a great size & combination. The combined shower & toilet is a great combination for a van this size but the inbuilt basin is usless & a pain to pack up as the water doesn't drain easily. We would go with a rear seperated shower / toilet / vanity if we ever decided on a larger van but are very happy with the combination.

We have a top load washing machine that we have only used once, we tend to use park facilities to wash on the occasions we visit them when in major towns as you need power & water. Personally we wouldn't have one again. But I'm sure others will give you a different perspective.

We have a full stove / grill / oven & have used all three but one of the best investments was a biult in external BBQ which we use the most when not using open fires.

The other thing we added was wiring for a portable satallite TV setup. We origionally had a 240v reciever but quickly changed to a 12v unit to reduce power usage. The wiring is for internal & external usage. We tend to use it eternally more than internally.

If you tend to travel in the hotter regions of Australia & use an airconditioner & your preference is for free, camping then I would suggest you have a generater greater than 2kva.

We hope this helps

David & Debbie.