Caravan Insurance

alan and lynda j

Hi Everyone

The insurance on our van is currently up for renewal and for the last 4 years we have been with CIL, no problems with them so far. However, we have been trying to obtain a '2nd' quote/insurance options from a alternative insurer without any luck. AAMI will only insure a van up to the value of $60k.

:question: Is anyone currently using a different insurer?

At the end of the day CIL maybe the best, however it would nice to see if there was an option.

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan,

I did a ring around with insurers when our insurance came up for renewal late last year. We have the car, house and contents with NRMA and their premium was hard to beat with our multi-discount policy with them and other bonusus. At that time I did find a few insurers who would not insure vans over $50,000.

A friend also did a ring around with RACQ, NRMA & CIL in the last two weeks for insurance for their camper trailer and ended up going with CIL. Apparently they found CIL were $35 dearer but the excess was less.

Hope this helps.

Hi Ann/Jacky Jacky and thank you for your reply and info etc.

Based on our research and your comments it would appear that we will stay with CIL.

We have all our vehicles, house etc insured with AAMI, however after spending hours on the phone with them yesterday it was just to hard for them to come to terms with the fact that there are caravans out there that are valued over $50k.

Once again thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Alan & Lynda

Guest David & Debbie

Hi Alan and Lynda.

AAMI must have changed their minds, we had all our insurance with NRMA on full multi discount policies, House & contents, 3 cars, boat etc but change two AAMI & saved over 2000. The reason for this change, NRMA at the time wanted 1130 to insure the Top Ender for 98000 & photo's etc for the BBQ, Ingel, TV, Generator ETC it was all to hard. AAMI had no issues with the value & was quite happy to take the details over the phone & list them on the policy, all for $730. I renewed the policy last September. It will be interesting to see what happens this September.

Regards

David & Debbie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Diana

Hi,

I am with CIL also and what I like best is that you can pay by the month with no additional charge for doing so and if I become ill and can't drive the van home they will pay all costs to get the van back home. My friend does not drive with the van on so I am the only driver and it is a relief to have that security of knowing the van will be taken care of if illness did strike. You should also consider the fact that if you do pay by the month may companies add a minimum of 7% to by the month payments whereas CIL does not. I've shopped around too and it is a good deal for me.

Diana