Weight Distribution

Darrell and Gail Tarrant

I have just purchased an 18month old Topender and when fulled loaded with water (3 tanks), gas and 2 full jerry cans the weight measured at the tow ball with correct instrument is 400Kgs. This is 50Kgs above the recommended maximum weight for my tow vehicle.

Has any Kedron Topender owner experienced this and would anyone recommend moving one of the water tanks to between the axles to assist with better weight distribution?

If I do nothing what long term effect will it have on my suspension and what are the safety implications?

The short answer is to dump the jerry cans and perhaps add a long-range fuel tank to your tug if needed. Then keep your forward water tank half-full while looking for a long-term solution (moving a water tank might be the answer but you should throw it back at Kedron for advice first). Don't ignore the ball load limit - it's there for a reason - apart from legalities/insurance.

Michael