New member needing advice on buying a Kedron

Hi there, I've just signed up and am pleased to have a place to ask about Kedrons. I am thinking of buying a 2004 18' XC Cross Country for $29,000, but will have to drive from Orange to Sunshine Coast to check it out.. any suggestions? There's a 19'7" 2003 Cross Country in Sydney for $37,000 could anybody tell me what the XC means? Thanks very much

• Like 4

Hello Scruffypantz,

XC means Cross Country. We have a 2008 XC tandem axle Kedron Van and are very happy with it. They are a very well built van and we have taken ours over many dirt roads/tracks with no problems. Our first Kedron was a 2001 single axle van and the only reason we updated was to have a toilet and shower.

good luck with what ever you decide.

Clive

• Like 3

Thanks Clive, I thought so but wanted to check as both ads said Cross Country, but only one also had XC! Think I'll go with the 2003 in Sydney, it has full annexe and outside extras, no washing machine, but I can use a covered bucket! It's my first caravan, didn't know about Kedron, bought a Jayco Sterling from a dealer, 3 weeks later mould appeared! Stayed calm, got a full $40,000 refund, so pleased to have somewhere to get some info!

Hi Scruffypants,

Welcome to the forum, sad to hear of your dilemmas with your other van purchase.....but at least you now have some $'s in your pocket to possibly buy a Kedron.

With any used van purchase, can I respectively suggest you have it professionally checked over prior to purchase..... yes even a Kedron with 13 years of possibly unknown history behind it. It could save a lot of heartache later. The absolute minimum you should have done before your first adventure in the 'new' van should be a bearing & brake service. Any reputable trailer or caravan service centre could perform this service for you.

if you have a look at this site, just viewing one post after another or doing a specific search you will find heaps of info.......if you can't find it, don't be afraid to ask......we are a very friendly group here & we don't bite!

Looking forward to meeting you at a gathering or on the road one day.

Tony & Annie 

• Like 2