Awning Arm covers

tolands

We are looking to purchase covers for the awning uprights . Has anyone purchased them from vaneleven.com in Taree , are they OK ? Or I see a past forum thread from 2008 in which people discuss buying them from Kedron - has anyone done that lately . 

I did want covers that aside from covering the uprights they have a little flap at the bottom to cover the fixings and still allow water to drain . We saw a patriot on the road and the covers come standard with the van ....

Or does the group know of other manufacturers ( I have tried local annex place to no avail ) 

Hi Twolands ,we had our local motor trimmer make up a set for us . Made from viynal with a Velcro strip the full length .

However we have found that although they do stop the arms from getting dirty ,the constant rubbing of the viynal is causing some of the white to paint come off . 

Having said that we are leaving Albany WA on Monday to Cairns via the oonadatta and Birdsville tracks and home again via the savanna way so a lot of gravel and dust and the covers will be on the arms I think they are great .

Cost us $80 two years ago .

I find them to be very good. I got mine from Kedron. I actually got them thrown in at the time of purchase.

Cheers

25 minutes ago, Steve and Kez said:

I find them to be very good. I got mine from Kedron. I actually got them thrown in at the time of purchase.

Cheers

Ditto, and probably one of the best buys at the time.  The amount of wear that front arm would have copped after our dessert/Cape trips would have left the arms badly worn and damaged.  Any good trimmer should be able to knock up a set just remember to have them face to the rear.

Cheers

Merv

Hi all, thanks for the feedback... I had someone go and look at vanseleven.com.au stock and are purchasing them $110 for the pair , including GST , padded with marine carpet..... spoke to Kedron , they quoted $80 for the pair, not padded .