200 Series Bullbar

TonyH

Hi David,

Just read your last post on this great place we will put it on our list of will go to / must go to.

Looking at the photo of your 'tug', is that an ARB bar you have fitted?. If so have you noticed any drop to the front end? Have you upgraded the front suspension? If so what system did you use & ru happy with it?

If you havent upgraded, has the 'drop' (if any) caused any dramas?

Regards

Hi Tony,

The bullbar is from East Coast Bullbars (ECB). No noticable drop in the front, although I didn't install a winch, and I haven't touched the front suspension. I love the bar - it's alloy and is pretty beefy and looks tougher than the polished bars. I'd buy another.

If you're keen on the ARB bar, have a yarn with Kimbo. He's in your area and has an ARB bar and has done some work on his suspension.

post-29-1229209195_thumb.jpg

post-29-1229209215_thumb.jpg

Hi David,

Thanks for your lightning fast reply. :thumbsup:

The ECB alloy bar looks smart,(doesnt look like alloy) must admit that I have shyed away from alloy bars....just dont seem strong enough. But maybe I'm wrong. I am committed to purchase (pick it up later this week) an ARB deluxe bar (colour coded) same as Kimbo's. I was talking to him a month or so ago, not long after he had his suspension upgrade done.

Ive had Patrols, 3x80's & a 100 series all of which I beefed up the suspension usually using Old Man Emu components & have been very happy with the results.

Now that we have purchased this new 'tug' & the ride is sooooooooo good I'm reluctant to modify the suspension.(maybe because I'm an oldfart now) My serious/extreme 4WD driving days are over now!.

I have a friend who is having all sorts of dramas on his 200 after fitting Dobinsons springs (F&R) to his vehicle...had a drive of it the other day ....feels like you are driving on a knife edge steering will 'dart' off to the left or right without warning & the ride is noticeably stiffer than standard. Didnt drive Kimbo's but he did say the ride had stiffened up.

Thanks again for the reply ....hope to see you down the road one day....soon

Hi Tony

The front suspension standard has a nose down effect anyhow, same as the 100 had and the only way to get rid of that look is to fit aftermarket suspension.

You could possibly only fit a OME kit (50mm lift) to front only I think and this would level the car out

I am extremely happy with my suspension upgrade allthough marginally stiffer then standard but I live with this because when I load the car up with boat and other gear the ride then becomes very much the same as when standard and I know that the aftermarket suspension will take the extra weight

Regards