YUSUF Concert in Brisbane June 2010

Rod and Mavis

YUSUF formally Cat Stevens was born Stephen Demetre Georgiou in 1948 to a Greek Cypriot father and Swedish mother and grew up in England.

post-36-1277802692.jpgpost-36-1277802733_thumb.jpg

This concert was one the most memorable experience that Mavis or I have ever had. We attended with Margaret, Mavis’s sister and her husband Robert both of whom also raved about it.

YUSUF’S Son’s band opened the concert and played for a little less than 25 minutes then leaving us to an intermission of 30 minutes before YUSUF came on stage at 9pm

This 62 year old grey headed legend has lost absolutely nothing with the slow aging process that we are all experiencing.

The first couple of songs were performed with himself and only two other guitarists, this was awesome music played by superb guitarists. The whole band then began to filter onto the stage to join them.

This dynamo performed non stop for one hour and ten minutes before leaving the stage while his superb back up group played and sang Waltzing Matilda to an audience that was thoroughly appreciative.

When the group had finished Waltzing Matilda Yusuf returned after obviously having changed clothes and refreshed to continue performing without fault until the end of the concert at 11pm.

His whole performance went non stop from 9pm to 11pm WOW. All of his well known songs as well as some great new stuff were played beautifully and with the passion that was always in his music.

Having grown up with his great music I have to say that there were times during his performance that brought tears to my eyes, associating past memories both good and bad with the songs that he performed.

What a legend and what a superb performance!

Look out Rod,

Giving/writing reviews of this calibre you may get a job as the entertainment reporter with the Courier Mail.

Great work :thumbsup: ....sorry I wont be able to attend his performances.

CU down the road

Greetings Tony.

Mate if you have any contacts that need an entertainment reporter, that are willing to pay for concert tickets pleeeeese let me know grin.

Have you seen the cost of the Eagles Platinum tickets for December $669.40 and that is each how bl..dy insane with nothing left in the pleb classes does not leave any chance for most fans. :shutup:

This one sold out within 1 day, bugger for most,we managed a couple of Gold class and we are actually sitting together what a bargain. :biggrin:

Happy travel mate and hope to meet up one day.