Teac TV

Mr Wato

Hi There

Does anyone else have problems with sound from the tv?? we have had the sound drop out both on satellite and with dvd's, we unplugged the 12 volt lead and plugged in the 240 lead and have not had an issue yet. has anybody had the same issue ??? except for Pete N Margie because we are in the same park as them in lovely Wapole

Cheers Phil

Hi,

Cant help you with the TV problem.

But make sure you do the tree top walk & how far up the Gloucester Tree did you get?

I really enjoyed the short time we had in the south west only wish it could have been longer.

RU heading east or west from Walpole?

Regards & CU down the road

Tony H

Hi Phil,

We have just come across the same problem. Our van is 18 months old so I guess the tv warranty is expired. After mucking around a bit I found the 12v socket where the lead plugs in is the problem. I don't think it likes being plugged in and unpluged every time you move. A new lead might help but it could be the socket on the tv. The next problem with our tv is the dvd has died. I am waiting for a reply from Teac on the price of a new dvd module, but like most of these things it's probably cheaper to get a new set.

I don't think I would buy another Teac.

Regards Bill.

Hi Tony

I dont do heights!!! I have tried before and only gone up a dozen steps. thats high enough anyway...we are heading home on tuesday north to Perth....We are apprentice nomads still have work and kid commitments..

wont be long but

Cheers Phil

hi Bill

We Have 2 teac tv's and both are the same..we dont have an issue with the sound when we are plugged into 240 volt.I dont think we could get warranty for this problem even if we tried

let me know if you find a better tv/dvd

cheers Phil

Hi Phil,

We had similar issues in the past and fixed it by going to Springers and having a heavier 12V lead made up for it. Have had no problems since. You would think the manufacturers would make heavy enough leads in the first place. Good luck with it.

Cheers...

• 3 weeks later...

The dvd in our teac tv has died. Ordered another module but found out Teac don't supply them as a spare part, only in bits that need to be fitted to mother board $160 plus cost of getting it put together (problem could also be in the tv itself) so much for the big deal in the book about being able to replace the module by undoing 1 screw). Have ordered a 22" Grundig lcd (they don't make a dvd/tv combo in led) that has a 3 year warranty and a further option of an extra 4 years for $79 from Joyce Main costing $440 plus extra warranty if required. I have always considered Teac a cheap and poor quality brand so am not surprised it only lasted 15 months. At least Grundig has enough faith in their product to give it 3 year warranty.

Bill.