Open Invitation

Steve and Kez

Hello Fellow Kloggers,

Kez & I are spending a week around the Styx River State Forret (Near Armidale) and Waterfall Way from June 11th - 19th. We hear there is a lot of good bushwalking tracks and a lot of great site seeing to be had.

This is our first real use of our van since we picked it up in Nov (I hope we remember how everything works).

If anyone has any info we would be glad to hear it or if anyone would like to join us they would be very welcome.

Cheers

G`Day Steve & Kez

We checked out Styx River State forest a couple of weeks ago on our way down here to Sherwood.(In Camps 6 it was No.301)It was in disgusting condition ,rubbish everywhere and very chopped up and muddy.It looked sadly neglected and there was only a a few suitable van sights. It was a shame as we were really looking forward to it. It is such a beautiful area.We ended up staying at Dangar Falls Lodge and Camping ground (No.294)It was a great spot as we had it to ourselves.It was $25 a night for power and water.We had a drive UP to Point Lookout,a great view from the top.We did not realise that you were supposed to leave your van at the bottom. (OOPS) ,but we made it up to the carpark OK and yes there is a turn around point.As I said in an earlier post we are sitting in Sherwood for 10 weeks and you are welcome to stay here and use it as a base for sight seeing.The Kempsey to Armidale road is NOT suitable for vans.

Cheers

Rick & Lea