Maintenance Questions

RickA

Greetings Gang

A couple of Questions.

1. Has anyone taken off there drop down legs(from the van Gary! :wacko: ) and taken them apart to grease the middle section?

2. I would like to spray the A frame and underneath galvanised section with a product called Hi Chem Hammercoat just to tidy it up a bit.The question is I had a very similar product and it said on the label ,not to be used on Galvanised surfaces.Is this because it damages the surface or is there another reason? :unsure:

Cheers

Rick

Greetings friends.

Hi Chem Hammercoat can be applied to gal surfaces and it is recommended that an etch primer be applied after thorough removal of surface contaminants.

New gal is a problem due to the oily residue present, but old gal will not be a problem!

A great alternative is to wash the chassis with diluted aluminium cleaner (Chem Tech or similar) make sure that you thoroughly wash it off as it is an acid and the gal looks like new for a while grin.

Love to Lea and a hand shake for you Rick :D

Hi Rick,

I've taken the legs apart to grease them. All you need to do is remove the single screw holding the black covers on then prise off the covers. Then rotate the nut that raises and lowers the leg to show the split pin which holds the gear onto the long screw that is used to raise and lower the leg. Knock out the split pin with a 5/32" pin punch or similar. The screw and thrust bearing then just pulls out.

All the best